Hurricanes Fall to Magic in OT Heart Breaker
HALIFAX, N.S. - The Halifax Hurricanes still haven't notched a W against their Atlantic Division rivals, the Moncton Magic. Halifax fell 114-111 to Moncton in overtime on Saturday night at Scotiabank Centre.
Halifax led for most of the game, by as much as 12, before Moncton grabbed a small lead late in the third. The game went back and forth through the rest of the game until Moncton was able to outwork the Hurricanes in overtime.
Newly reunited with the Hurricanes, Terry Thomas made his Halifax debut on Saturday against his former team. His impact on the Hurricanes was immediate. He had a game-high 29 points to go with his seven rebounds and five steals and just missed a three-point at the overtime buzzer to tie the game back up.
Jordan Washington poured in 25 points off the bench and grabbed nine rebounds.
As a team, the Hurricanes recent success from beyond the arc did not last the week the Halifax squad had off. They shot just six for 28 from three. They also hit just 52 per cent of their free throws.
The Hurricanes travel to P.E.I. on Sunday to face the Island Storm for the first time this season. Watch that game live on NBLCLive.ca.
Then on Sunday, Jan. 20, the Hurricanes return to Scotiabank Centre to host the Sudbury Five. Tickets for that game are available at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office or online.
Images from this story
Halifax Hurricanes forward Jordan Washington shoots against the Moncton Magic
Halifax Hurricanes guard Terry Thomas heads up the court against the Moncton Magic
Halifax Hurricanes center Rhamel Brown against the Moncton Magic
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from January 12, 2019
- Lightning Fall in OT for Second Straight Game - London Lightning
- Highlanders Beat the Five, Winning Second in a Row in Ontario - Cape Breton Highlanders
- Hurricanes Fall to Magic in OT Heart Breaker - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Hurricanes Overcome First Place Magic in Big Holiday Monday Win
- Hurricanes Push Back against Riptide for Exciting Home-Court Win
- Hurricanes Handle St. John's Behind Big 31-Point Game from Mike Poole
- Hurricanes Win Big in Charlottetown
- Hurricanes Strike Lighting with Fourth-Quarter Comeback Win