Hurricanes Defeat Mill Rats at Scotiabank Centre
Halifax, (NS) - The Halifax Hurricanes Basketball Club were in action March 10th at the Scotiabank Centre against the Saint John Mill Rats. The Hurricanes fell 112-101 to the Mill Rats. The Hurricanes now have a record of 16-7, leading the Atlantic Conference and the league in wins. With this loss the Mill Rats have a record of 14-9 and are in second place in the Atlantic Division.
Hurricanes lead the Mill Rats 27-20 after the first quarter, and at halftime the Hurricanes led the Mill Rats 51-43. The Mill Rats outscored the Hurricanes 32-29 in the third quarter, and in the fourth quarter the Hurricanes outscored the Mill Rats 32-26 to earn the victory over the Mill Rats.
Guard, Justin Johnson led the Hurricanes with 23 points. Guard, Shane Gibson scored 20 points. Guard, Cliff Clinkscales scored 18 points and had 12 assists. Forward, Kyle Hunt scored 15 points. Forward, Mike Glover scored 14 points for the Hurricanes.
Guard, Anthony Anderson led all scorers with 29 points and 7 assists. Forward, Gabe Freeman scored 22 points and grabbed 9 rebounds. Guard, Johnny Mayhane scored 18 points. Guard, Chris Smith scored 11 points coming off the bench.
The Hurricanes now head on a 3 game road trip to Ontario, they begin March 16th against Niagara River Lions. Hurricanes will return to the Scotiabank Centre March 24th.
Images from this story
Halifax Hurricanes Guard Cliff Clinkscales vs. the Saint John Mill Rats
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from March 10, 2016
- Hurricanes Snap 4-Game Losing Streak to the Mill Rats - Saint John Riptide
- Hurricanes Defeat Mill Rats at Scotiabank Centre - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Hurricanes Stories
- Malcolm Duvivier Puts on Shooting Show to Power Hurricanes over Highlanders
- Hurricanes Cruise to 67-Point Blowout over Windsor Express
- Hurricanes Beat Storm at Home for Second Straight
- Hurricanes Snap Skid with Blowout Win over Titans
- Hurricanes Snap out of Funk But Still Fall to Lightning After 20-Point Comeback