Houston Rockets Assign Marcus Morris to Rio Grande Valley
January 3, 2012 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK, Jan. 3, 2012 - The Houston Rockets assigned forward Marcus Morris to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, the Rockets' NBA D-League affiliate, it was announced today. The assignments mark the eleventh time in the 2011-12 season an NBA player has been assigned to an NBA D-League affiliate. It marks the first assignment for Morris.
Morris (6-9, 235) is in his rookie season and has appeared in three games this season with the Rockets. Selected by the Rockets with the 14th overall pick of the 2011 NBA Draft out of Kansas, he was selected as the Big 12 Player of the Year and the Big 12 Championship Most Outstanding Player last season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 3, 2012
- San Antonio Spurs Recall Gary Neal from NBA D-League Affiliate Austin Toros - G League
- Hamilton, Stone Assigned to Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Armor Acquire Damian Johnson - Springfield Armor
- Skyforce-Charge Complete Trade - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Denver Nuggets Assign Hamilton and Stone to NBA D-League Affiliate Idaho Energy - G League
- Reno's Blake Ahearn and Andre Emmett Named Co-Performers of the Week - G League
- Wizards Partner with Touchstone Energy Co-ops - Dakota Wizards
- Mad Ants and Erie Conduct Trade - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NBA D-League Update - G League
- San Antonio Spurs Assign Cory Joseph to NBA D-League Affiliate Austin Toros - G League
- Erie Acquires Phillips, Jr. from Fort Wayne - Erie BayHawks
- Houston Rockets Assign Marcus Morris to Rio Grande Valley - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.