Erie Acquires Phillips, Jr. from Fort Wayne
Erie, Pennsylvania, Tuesday, January 3 - The Erie BayHawks have acquired forward Marvin Phillips, Jr. from the Fort Wayne Mad Ants in exchange for Erie's fourth round pick in the 2012 NBA Development League Draft.
Phillips, Jr. (6-7, 240) has appeared in twelve games this season with the Mad Ants averaging 11.0 points and 7.9 rebounds in 30.0 minutes per game. He led the D-League in offensive rebounds per game during the 2010-11 season and averaged 12.3 points and 9.3 total rebounds per game. In 2009-10 Phillips, Jr. played 53 games with the Iowa Energy and averaged 5.5 points and 4.8 rebounds after joining the team during the 2008-09 season. He's also played professionally in the CBA, the USBL, the WBA and in Mexico after attending Claflin University (Orangeburg, South Carolina).
To make room on the roster for Philips, Jr. Erie has waived guard Chaz McCrommon.
Erie heads to Springfield to play the Armor on Thursday and Saturday before heading to the D-League Showcase in Reno, Nevada to face the Idaho Stampede on Jan. 9 and the Austin Toros on Jan. 10.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 3, 2012
- San Antonio Spurs Recall Gary Neal from NBA D-League Affiliate Austin Toros - G League
- Hamilton, Stone Assigned to Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Armor Acquire Damian Johnson - Springfield Armor
- Skyforce-Charge Complete Trade - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Denver Nuggets Assign Hamilton and Stone to NBA D-League Affiliate Idaho Energy - G League
- Reno's Blake Ahearn and Andre Emmett Named Co-Performers of the Week - G League
- Wizards Partner with Touchstone Energy Co-ops - Dakota Wizards
- Mad Ants and Erie Conduct Trade - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- NBA D-League Update - G League
- San Antonio Spurs Assign Cory Joseph to NBA D-League Affiliate Austin Toros - G League
- Erie Acquires Phillips, Jr. from Fort Wayne - Erie BayHawks
- Houston Rockets Assign Marcus Morris to Rio Grande Valley - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.