Home Game Prep: Steel to Celebrate Bears' 2019 Super Bowl Championship this Friday
GENEVA, ILLINOIS - The Chicago Steel return home to Fox Valley Ice Arena this Friday, Feb. 9 to host their I-55 rival, the Central Illinois Flying Aces, at 7:05 p.m. Heading into the season, the Steel were optimistic about the Chicago Bears' chances at winning a world championship and planned a 2018 Super Bowl Celebration for this Friday's game. Well, there's always next year for "DA BEARS!" and therefore the Steel have switched the night to a 2019 Super Bowl Celebration. We're very optimistic.
Bear down! The game will feature a variety of special fan promotions including Bears Trivia, 2019 Bears Super Bowl Highlights, a Kids Touchdown Celebration Contest and Name That Bear. Fans are encouraged to wear Chicago Bears attire to the game.
Prior to the game, the Steel host their second annual Breaking into Sports panel, as young professionals are welcomed to the arena to hear from industry leaders representing the Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Joliet Slammers and the Steel. This great networking opportunity at 5:30 p.m. includes a ticket to the game, and interested participants must pre-register by calling 855-51-STEEL.
Friday's game marks just the second of six meetings this season between the Steel and the Flying Aces, formerly known as the Bloomington Thunder. Advance tickets for all Steel games start at just $10 and parking is always free.
Chicago is in action tonight on the road as they face the Waterloo Black Hawks. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. Steel games are carried live on Mixlr (free audio) and HockeyTV (iPPV). For more information, visit ChicagoSteelHockeyTeam.com/broadcast.
Following Friday's home game against Central Illinois, the Steel close out the week Saturday night at the Green Bay Gamblers. Next Friday, Feb. 16, Chicago will begin a season-long, seven-game homestand.
For more information, or to purchase Steel tickets, call 855-51-STEEL, stop by the Box Office at Fox Valley Ice Arena or visit ChicagoSteelHockeyTeam.com .
Friday, Feb. 2 vs. Youngstown Phantoms: L 3-4
Saturday, Feb. 3 vs. Youngstown Phantoms: L 3-4 (SO)
Tuesday, Feb. 6 at Waterloo Black Hawks (7:05 p.m.)
Friday, Feb. 9 vs. Central Illinois Flying Aces (7:05 p.m.) - Bears 2019 Super Bowl Celebration
Saturday, Feb. 10 at Green Bay Gamblers (7:05 p.m.)
Goals: Jack Dugan (19) - T-3rd in USHL
Assists: Graham Lillibridge (28) - 2nd in USHL
Points : Jack Dugan (44) - 1st in USHL
EASTERN CONFERENCE STANDINGS
TEAM GP W L OTL SOL PTS
1. Team USA 36 24 11 0 1 49
2. Youngstown 37 18 14 4 1 41
3. Muskegon 37 19 16 1 1 40
STEEL 36 18 14 1 3 40
Dubuque 36 17 13 5 1 40
6. Green Bay 36 17 16 2 1 37
7. Cedar Rapids 36 14 16 5 1 34
8. Madison 35 15 17 1 2 33
9. Central Illinois 37 12 21 1 3 28
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2018
- Black Hawks Come Back to Beat Steel Tuesday - Chicago Steel
- Late Lead Puts Hawks First - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Home Game Prep: Steel to Celebrate Bears' 2019 Super Bowl Championship this Friday - Chicago Steel
- Stars Weekly - Lincoln Stars
- RoughRiders Set to Host Tier 1 Challenge Next Weekend - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Steel Stories
- Chicago Steel 2018-2019 Regular Season Schedule Announced
- Steel Receive Three Players and Three Picks in Trade with Omaha
- Four Players with Steel Ties Selected in 2018 NHL Draft
- Prospects Dazzle in Steel Main Camp All-Star Game
- Steel Acquire Jaxon Nelson from Sioux Falls