HFX Wanderers Reschedule Postponed Forge FC Match for Sept 18
Halifax, N.S. - The Canadian Premier League match HFX Wanderers FC were scheduled to play against Forge FC on August 21, has been rescheduled for September 18.
The Wednesday night match will be played at the Wanderers Grounds and will kick-off at 6:30 p.m. AST.
Hamilton based Forge's progress in the Concacaf league to the round of 16 is the reason for the rearrangement.
Forge are now playing Honduras based team Deportivo Olimpia on August 22 which meant the Wanderers match the day before had to be postponed.
There's still high level soccer action in August in Halifax, with the Wanderers Grounds hosting the Nova Scotia Soccer League finals on Saturday, August 17th.
This will be the last chance for Wanderers fans to see action at the Grounds in August.
For the first time, the top men and women's teams in the league will play for their respective titles in a double header at the Wanderers home stadium.
"Our club is committed to growing the sport of soccer in this community and we are very happy to shine a spotlight on these talented and dedicated young men and women through an opportunity to play at the Wanderers Grounds," said HFX Wanderers FC Founder and President Derek Martin. "Christian Oxner is a perfect example of a talented Nova Scotian athlete who just needed to be given a platform to shine, so we are now watching to see who will seize their opportunity this weekend."
The women's final will kick-off at 3 p.m. on August 17th, with the men taking to the field at 5:30 p.m.
Tickets for the double header are general admission and will be reasonably priced at $15 for adults, with youth tickets (12 and under) priced at $10.
Prices include taxes but are subject to an online service fee.
Tickets are available online at www.tickethalifax.com/NSSL-Finals
The Wanderers will play in front of their home fans again on September 2nd against FC Edmonton.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Premier League message board...
Canadian Premier League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Cavalry's CanChamp Run Ended by Impact - Cavalry FC
- Forge FC Canadian Premier League Schedule Updated - Forge FC
- HFX Wanderers Reschedule Postponed Forge FC Match for Sept 18 - HFX Wanderers FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent HFX Wanderers FC Stories
- HFX Wanderers Reschedule Postponed Forge FC Match for Sept 18
- HFX Wanderers FC Announce Signing of Canadian Defender Duran Lee
- 'Make the Save for Him': Oxner, Schaale Combine for Memorable Clean Sheet
- Oxner Plays Hero as HFX Holds Cavalry to 0-0 Draw
- 'It's a Great Setup': Schaale Praises CPL-U SPORTS Deal Ahead of Cape Breton Return