Halifax Wins Big in Moncton; Takes Series Lead
(Halifax,NS): The Halifax Rainmen are one step closer to punching their ticket to the second round of the National Basketball League of Canada playoffs, with a 124-96 victory over the Moncton Miracles on Sunday afternoon. With the 28 point victory Halifax takes the commanding two games to one lead in the best of five series.
The first quarter began with very physical play between the teams, with Moncton trying to throw Halifax off their game, targeting Liam McMorrow, in hopes the big man would get into foul trouble. Halifax played it cool through the first 12 minutes and entered into the second quarter with a slim 6 point lead, 33-27, over the Miracles. The physical play would continue in the second quarter, as Moncton continued to earn trips to the free throw line, using these opportunities to keep the game close. As the half came to a close though the Rainmen began to find their groove, causing turnovers and punishing Moncton with quick baskets. Halifax ended the first half up 16, 64-48.
Coming out of the break Halifax remained energized, thanks to the 120 fans who made the drive to cheer them on. The Rainmen would add to their lead, ending the third frame up by 27, 94-67, and look poised to take the series lead. Moncton had no answer's for Halifax's game on Sunday afternoon and found themselves down by 36 points mid way through the final frame. Halifax would send their fans home happy as the final buzzer sounded with the big 124-96 win.
Liam McMorrow led the Rainmen with 23 points and 15 rebounds. Jermaine Dailey also recorded a double double for Halifax, with 14 points and 14 rebounds. Tyrone Watson had 19 points for Halifax off the bench. The Moncton Miracles were led by Daquan Brooks who netted a game leading 25 points. Shawn Vanzant and Tyler Murray each chipped in 14 points for the Miracles.
Game 4 will go Tuesday, March 10th at 7pm inside the Moncton Coliseum.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from March 8, 2015
- Halifax Wins Big in Moncton; Takes Series Lead - Halifax Rainmen
- Miracles Fall in Game 3 to the Rainmen - Moncton Miracles
- Storm Take Series Lead in Tight Contest at Eastlink Centre - Island Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse