Halifax Wanderers Football Club Sign Local Goalkeeper Kieran Baskett
Halifax, N.S. - The Halifax Wanderers are proud to announce the signing of local goalkeeper Kieran Baskett to a contract for the 2021 season with a club option for 2022.
The 19 year old Halifax native is returning home after playing the last few years in the United States, including a season at the College of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia where he earned the starting goalkeeper position as a freshman.
"Adding Kieran is another signal of our intent to give local players opportunities to prove themselves at the professional level," stated Matt Fegan, HFX Wanderers VP of Football Operations. "His signing can inspire other young Nova Scotians currently developing with our local clubs that they too can go all the way."
The six-foot-three keeper made 18 starts for William & Mary in 2019, racking up 1675 minutes in the Colonial Athletic Association as the school's no.1 goalkeeper.
"I'm happy that I have the opportunity to come home and play for the fans in Halifax," said Kieran Baskett. "I have been working the past three years to program my career and I am looking forward to representing my hometown."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Premier League message board...
Canadian Premier League Stories from January 13, 2021
- Halifax Wanderers Football Club Sign Local Goalkeeper Kieran Baskett - HFX Wanderers FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent HFX Wanderers FC Stories
- Halifax Wanderers Football Club Sign Canadian Midfielder Jeremy Gagnon-Lapare
- Halifax Wanderers Football Club Sign Local Goalkeeper Kieran Baskett
- Akeem Garcia Wins 2020 Golden Boot
- Stephen Hart Named Coach of the Year
- Halifax Wanderers Football Club Announce Initial 2021 Roster Moves