Griffins Announce Personnel Changes
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League on Monday announced the promotions of Matt Batchelder to director of ticket sales, John Hoffa to group sales manager and Rich Meyers to director of game operations, in addition to the appointment of Kevin Curnow as marketing and season ticket account manager.
Batchelder has been with the Griffins for eight years and most recently held the position of group sales manager. Hailing from Grand Rapids, he attended Davenport University prior to joining the team as a game operations intern. Batchelder will be responsible for overseeing the Griffins' entire ticket sales department in his new role.
Hoffa is coming off two successful years within the group sales department as both an account executive and manager. A native of Riverview, Mich., he graduated from Grand Valley State University with a business management and marketing degree prior to his hiring in May 2006. With his promotion, Hoffa will take over the management of the team's group sales department.
Meyers has continued to move up through the ranks of the Griffins' front office, beginning his career in 2005 as a game operations intern after earning his hospitality and tourism management degree from Grand Valley State University. At the conclusion of his internship, the Grand Rapids native was hired as a season ticket sales account executive and was later promoted to season ticket sales manager. In his new role, Meyers will coordinate all game day operations for the Griffins.
Curnow's career with the Griffins began in June 2006 when he was hired as director of fan experience. A Port Huron, Mich., native and graduate of Oakland University with a degree in communications, he brings over 20 years of marketing and sales promotions experience to his new position, in which he will oversee the Griffins' marketing initiatives and develop new season ticket accounts.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from June 9, 2008
- Admirals Recognized as a Virginia Beach Partner in Education - Norfolk Admirals
- Games Six and Seven of Calder Cup Finals to be Carried on WSWB-38 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Damon's To Host Icehogs Fan Appreciation Night - Rockford IceHogs
- Hurricanes Sign Goaltender Daniel Manzato - Albany River Rats
- Griffins Announce Personnel Changes - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Carolina Changes Coaching Staff - Albany River Rats
- Aeros Announce Voucher Books On Sale Now - Houston Aeros
- Carolina Hurricanes Announces Coaching Changes For 2008-09 - Albany River Rats
- Anaheim's Brian Burke named GM of 2010 US Olympic Team - AHL
- Fourth Annual Binghamton Senators Charity Golf Classic Set For October 14th - Binghamton Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.