Grasshoppers New Field Manager Visiting Greensboro on Monday
(GREENSBORO, NC) On MONDAY, February 18 at 12:00 p.m Miguel Perez, the Grasshoppers new field manager for the 2019 season, will be making a pre-season visit to First National Bank Field.
Perez will be available for a meet and greet session inside the Hoppers Yard merchandise store. This will be the first opportunity for local media interviews. All media and the public are invited and encouraged to attend. Enjoy some popcorn while hearing more about the Pirates philosophy on baseball!
Miguel Perez managed the Bristol team for the last two seasons and is in his 12th year with the Pittsburgh organization. The former catcher was originally signed by the Cincinnati Reds as a non-drafted free agent in 2000 and made his professional debut with the VSL Reds in 2001. Perez was named Cincinnati's Minor League Defensive Player-of-the-Year and was selected to the Florida State mid-season All-Star team in 2005. He made his Major League debut with the Reds on September 7, 2005 against Milwaukee, becoming the first player from Guatire to play in the Majors.
Please come meet our 2019 manager and welcome the Pittsburgh Pirates organization to Greensboro!
Season tickets, mini ticket plans and advertising packages are now on sale for the 2019 season. For more information, please contact the Grasshoppers office at 336.268.2255 or visit www.gsohoppers.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from February 14, 2019
- Fireflies Individual Game Tickets on Sale February 20 - Columbia Fireflies
- 'Dads Are Now Hiring for Game Day Staff - Hickory Crawdads
- A Letter to Our Fans - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Grasshoppers New Field Manager Visiting Greensboro on Monday - Greensboro Grasshoppers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greensboro Grasshoppers Stories
- Bill on Baseball: Martin's Walk-Offs Wreck BlueClaws
- Bill on Baseball: Hoppers Blaze Past Lakewood
- Bill on Baseball: Davis, Selby Help Hoppers Gain Split
- Greensboro Grasshoppers to Play a Doubleheader on Sunday, May 19
- Bill on Baseball: Hoppers Take Aim on Shorebirds