Go 'Freezin' for a Reason' with Mammoth Team in Special Olympics Polar Plunge
DENVER - The Colorado Mammoth announced today that rookie forward Alex Demopoulos, a University of Denver alumnus, has created a Mammoth fan team to join him as he goes 'Freezin' for a Reason' at the Special Olympics Polar Plunge at Aurora Reservoir on Saturday, February 23. Fans can register online at the Mammoth website (ColoradoMammoth.com) to join Demopoulos and raise money to benefit Colorado's children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
"This is your chance to call a Mammoth player a teammate, and to join him on a fun adventure that assists Special Olympics Colorado in providing the services and programming it offers to those with disabilities," said Mammoth president & general manager Steve Govett.
"We are so excited that Alex Demopoulos and the Colorado Mammoth fan base are getting on board with this year's Polar Plunge," said Mindy Watrous, Special Olympics Colorado president & CEO. "The Plunge is a great way to engage the community and raise awareness for Special Olympics Colorado."
Spots are limited. The first 20 participants to register for the Mammoth team and raise at least $150 will receive a $50 Dick's Sporting Goods gift certificate. The 2013 Plunge marks the second consecutive year that the organization has participated.
The Mammoth hosts the arch-rival Calgary Roughnecks tonight at 7pm MST on HealthONE Field at Pepsi Center. Single-game tickets start at just $10 and are on sale now at the Pepsi Center box office, all Colorado Dick's Sporting Goods retail kiosks, online at TicketHorse.com, or by calling 303.53.HORSE.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 25, 2013
- Swarm Come Up Short in Toronto 13-12 - Minnesota Swarm
- Rock Post Comeback Win - Toronto Rock
- Swarm Celebrating Its Fourth Annual Native American Heritage Night This Saturday - Minnesota Swarm
- Knighthawks Take Anti-Bullying Message To Geneva - Rochester Knighthawks
- Jersey Auction for UAR Kicks off Saturday - Rochester Knighthawks
- Go 'Freezin' for a Reason' with Mammoth Team in Special Olympics Polar Plunge - Colorado Mammoth
- Rush vs Stealth Tonight at Crystal Glass Field - Edmonton Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.