Gindl Named FSL Player of the Week
(Viera, FL) Brevard County Manatees right fielder Caleb Gindl has been named the FSL Player of the Week for the period April 20-26. Gindl had an outstanding week, hitting .522 with two home runs and 11 runs batted in. He also drew three walks and stole a base. The left-handed slugger currently leads the Florida State League in batting average (.397), hits (23), and OPS (1.075). He is second in on-base average (.455) and slugging percentage (.621), and third in RBI (16). His strong week at the plate lifted the Manatees to a 5-1 record on their road trip, and they are now sitting on top of the FSL North at 11-5.
Gindl, 20, hails from Pensacola, FL, and now resides in nearby Pace. He was named to the postseason all-star team in each of his first two seasons, first for the Pioneer League in 2007, and then in the South Atlantic League in 2008. Gindl was selected by Milwaukee in the 5th round as the 161st overall pick in the 2007 draft.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from April 27, 2009
- Cubs Sneak Past Manatees, 4-2 - Brevard County Manatees
- Miracle win in extras on 2-out RBI single from Cates - Fort Myers Miracle
- Cubs Strike Early to Beat Brevard County - Daytona Tortugas
- Gindl Named FSL Player of the Week - Brevard County Manatees
- Flying Tigers Kick Off Series with Tampa Yankees April 27-29 - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Manatees Road Series Recap: Dunedin - Brevard County Manatees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.