Gibson Suffers Injury, Scheduled for Surgery
CINCINNATI, OH --- Tyler Gibson will miss four to six months due to a fractured fibula suffered during training Sunday.
Gibson will undergo surgery today in Florida and remain with the team. He signed with FC Cincinnati in November and comes to the club from San Francisco, where he helped the Deltas to a 2017 NASL title.
"Tyler's injury is bitterly disappointing. He has come in and made a major impact on our team on and off the pitch," said Head Coach Alan Koch. "His professionalism, work-rate and ability have been evident every day of preseason. We support him completely in his recovery and look forward to seeing him back on the pitch as soon as possible. The team will rise together even more in his absence."
FCC is currently training at IMG Academy in Bradenton. The team takes on the New England Revolution tomorrow at 3:30. The match is open and free to the public.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 6, 2018
- Sacramento Republic FC Sign Goalkeeper Rafael Diaz - Sacramento Republic FC
- Orange County SC Re-Signs Goalkeeper Casey Beyers for 2018 Season - Orange County SC
- Energy FC Add Real Madrid Youth System Alumnus Jaime Siaj to Roster for 2018 - OKC Energy FC
- NYRB II Defender Andrew Lombard Undergoes Surgery - New York Red Bulls II
- Canadian International Midfielder Kyle Bekker Joins North Carolina FC - North Carolina FC
- Ayoze Garcia Perez, Eugene Starikov Sign with Indy Eleven - Indy Eleven
- Switchbacks Announce Next Round of Signings - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- FCC Unveils Home Match Times; Individual Game Tickets, Packages Available February 12 - FC Cincinnati
- San Antonio FC Signs Defender Darnell King - San Antonio FC
- Atlanta United 2 Adds Four Players to Inaugural Roster - Atlanta United 2
- Gibson Suffers Injury, Scheduled for Surgery - FC Cincinnati
- Roughnecks Ink Goalkeeper Chase Gentry - FC Tulsa
- USL's Week Ahead: Preseason Opens with Historic Contests - USL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Loan Forward Rashawn Dally to Las Vegas Lights FC
- FC Cincinnati Commits $250,000 to the FC Cincinnati Foundation to Support Programs Addressing Racial Disparities
- FC Cincinnati Donate $62,000 to United Way Through West End Stadium Deposits
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 22, 2020
- FC Cincinnati, Brighton & Hove Albion Agree to Extend Locadia's Loan