Giants Sign 2003-Born Defenceman Nicco Camazzola
Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Giants General Manager Barclay Parneta announced today that the Giants have signed 2003-born defenceman Nicco Camazzola (Burnaby, B.C.) to a Standard WHL Player Agreement.
Originally selected by the Giants in the fourth round (78th overall) in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft, the 6'1", 187-pound Camazzola was the first defenceman selected by the Giants at that draft. In 40 games with the BCMML's Vancouver Northeast Chiefs, Camazzola registered six assists and a team-high 78 penalty minutes. He also appeared in all five of the Chiefs playoff games in 2019.
As a Bantam, Camazzola scored twice and added eight assists for 10 points along with 54 penalty minutes in 30 games with the CSSBHL's Burnaby Winter Club.
"Physically, Nicco was one of the toughest defencemen to play against in the BC Major Midget League," said Giants GM Barclay Parneta. "We are happy with how his development is trending and we expect him to be a key contributor on our blueline in the years to come."
Camazzola is the third player selected by the Giants in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft to sign with the team. He joins forward Zack Ostapchuk (Round 1) and goaltender Drew Sim (Round 3). Camazzola will attend his second training camp with the Giants beginning Friday, August 23rd.
The Giants are thrilled to welcome Nicco and the Camazolla family to the Vancouver Giants organization.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 8, 2019
- Giants Sign 2003-Born Defenceman Nicco Camazzola - Vancouver Giants
- 2019 Training Camp Team Names Announced - Spokane Chiefs
- News: Raiders Announce Coaching Staff for 2019-20 Season - Prince Albert Raiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Giants Winning Streak Ends at 11 After a 2-1 Setback in Everett
- Giants Erase a Three-Goal Third Period Deficit to Earn 11th Straight Win
- Giants Sign 2002-Born Forward Kadyn Chabot
- Florchuk's Three-Point Night Leads Giants to Their 10th Straight Win
- Roman's Hat-Trick Lifts the Giants to Their Ninth Straight Win