Generals to Face Muskegon in Turner Cup Playoffs
FLINT, MI - It came down to the final day of the regular season, but the Flint Generals overcame overwhelming odds and squeezed into the Turner Cup Playoffs as the 4th and final seed. The Generals and Bloomington started the day tied with 73 points each and one game remaining for both teams. The PrairieThunder lost in Port Huron 4-1, while the Generals suffered a 2-1 setback in Fort Wayne. With both teams still tied in points, the first tie-breaker is wins, which the Generals held a 33 to 31 advantage.
The Generals will be facing the 1st place Muskegon Lumberjacks in the first round, best of seven series. The Generals faced the Lumberjacks three times in the last 8 days with the Generals winning 2 out of the 3. The schedule for the series and ticket availability has not been finalized, but will be announced soon.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 18, 2010
- Thunder Falls in Season Finale, Misses Playofs - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Generals to Face Muskegon in Turner Cup Playoffs - Flint Generals
- Komets Announce 2009-10 End of Season Awards - Fort Wayne Komets
- Rookie Goalie D'Orso Leads Port Huron to 4-1 Win over Bloomington - Port Huron Icehawks
- Lumberjacks Weekly Notes - Muskegon Lumberjacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals