Generals Select David Mudrak in the 2020 CHL Import Draft
Oshawa, ON - The Oshawa Generals are proud to announce that they have selected David Mudrak in the 2020 CHL Import Draft. Mudrak is a 6 foot 1, 190lb defenceman who played for the TPS U20 Jr. A SM-Liga in Finland last season. The Slovakia native also represented his country with the World Junior team last year.
The Canadian Hockey League announced details for the 29th annual CHL Import Draft which took place today, beginning at 11:00 am Eastern. The two-round draft takes place online with the order of selection rotating through each of the CHL's three leagues using an inverse order of final regular season standings within each league from the 2019-20 season. The Ontario Hockey League's North Bay Battalion hold the number one pick, followed by the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's Acadie-Bathurst Titan at number two, and the Western Hockey League's Swift Current Broncos who will select third overall.
Each team in the CHL is permitted to dress and play a maximum of two import players each season who are selected annually through the CHL Import Draft process. The deadline for teams to submit their Import player protected list for the 2020-21 season was Thursday June 25 at 1:00 pm ET which will then determine how many of the maximum 120 selections will be made in the 2020 CHL Import Draft.
This past season Marco Rossi, an 18-year-old from Feldkirch, Austria, led the entire CHL in scoring with 120 points including 39 goals and 81 assists in 56 games during his second OHL season as a member of the Ottawa 67's. The 18th overall pick in the 2018 CHL Import Draft is now a top ranked prospect for the 2020 NHL Draft listed sixth among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting. Other past Import Draft picks that were among CHL league leaders in 2019-20 include Minnesota Wild prospect Alexander Khovanov, a 20-year-old from Kazan, Russia, who finished second in QMJHL scoring with 99 points in 51 games during his third season since being chosen second overall by the Moncton Wildcats in 2017, and Egor Sokolov, a 20-year-old from Yekatarinburg, Russia, who was third in QMJHL scoring with 92 points in 52 games, also in his third season, after being taken 35th by the Cape Breton Eagles in 2017. In the WHL, Washington Capitals prospect Aliaksei Protas, a 19-year-old from Vitebsk, Belarus, chosen 26th by the Prince Albert Raiders in 2018 finished ninth in league scoring during his second season with 80 points in 58 games.
Last season a total of 81 players were selected from 14 different countries led by 17 players from the Czech Republic and consisting of 48 forwards, 27 defencemen, and six goaltenders. The Broncos used the first overall pick to select Finnish defenceman Kasper Puutio who now competes for the Everett Silvertips and is a prospect for the 2020 NHL Draft. Rounding out the top three picks were Slovakian forward Martin Chromiak chosen by the Kingston Frontenacs followed by Swiss defenceman Noah Delemont of the Titan..
For full details on the CHL Import Draft, click here: https://chl.ca/draft/2020
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 30, 2020
- Barrie Colts Welcome Two New Additions After the 2020 CHL Import Draft - Barrie Colts
- 66 players selected in 2020 CHL Import Draft - OHL
- Troops Make Petrov Top Pick - North Bay Battalion
- Windsor Spitfires Acquire Michael Renwick from the Hamilton Bulldogs - Windsor Spitfires
- Bulldogs Acquire Draft Choices from Spitfires for Renwick - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Spirit Store Re-Opening July 1st - Saginaw Spirit
- Otters Pick Two in CHL Import Draft - Erie Otters
- Spirit Select Defenseman Pavel Mintyukov and Forward Albin Grewe in the 2020 CHL Import Draft - Saginaw Spirit
- 67's Add Two New Players to the Roster Through 2020 CHL Import Draft - Ottawa 67's
- Wolves Select Forwards in CHL Import Draft - Sudbury Wolves
- OHL Clubs Select 23 Players in 2020 CHL Import Draft - OHL
- Sting Select Slovakian Forward Alex Geci in 2020 CHL Import Draft - Sarnia Sting
- Petes Select Brian Zanetti and Kaspars Ziemins in CHL Import Draft - Peterborough Petes
- Attack Take Delemont in Import Draft - Owen Sound Attack
- Steelheads Select Kasper Larsen in 2020 Import Draft - Mississauga Steelheads
- Bulldogs Select Artyom Grushnikov in CHL Import Draft - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers Select Goaltender in CHL Import Draft - Kitchener Rangers
- Windsor Spitfires Select Daniil Sobolev with 40th Overall Pick in the CHL Import Draft - Windsor Spitfires
- Generals Select David Mudrak in the 2020 CHL Import Draft - Oshawa Generals
- Firebirds Select Belarus Native Dmitry Kuzmin in CHL Import Draft - Flint Firebirds
- 2020 CHL Import Draft Set for Today - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.