Generals Make Two Moves
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals announced Thursday, the addition of Melville, Saskatchewan native Derek Parker to their roster and the release of Bryan Hince.
Parker, a 6'2" 215 lb winger has spent most of his career playing in junior leagues. Derek played almost four seasons with the Lethbridge Hurricanes of the WHL, had two stints with the Melville Millionaires of the SJHL, and four seasons in the LNAH playing for three teams. Prior to his time with LNAH teams, this 26 year old, played a season of professional hockey in the CHL with the Wichita Thunder. In his 54 games for the Thunder, Parker scored 6 goals, 8 assists, and racked up 503 penalty minutes.
Heading into the regular season this weekend, the Generals also placed rookie goaltender Bryan Hince on waivers. Flint kicks off the season with two home games. They host the Muskegon Lumberjacks Friday, Oct. 16th and Saturday, Oct. 17th the Quad City Mallards come to town. The puck drops at 7:30 for both games.
Tickets for all 38 home games including this weekend's opening games are available now at the Perani Arena Ticket Office or through Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com. For more information the Generals visit www.flintgenerals.com.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from October 15, 2009
- Generals Make Two Moves - Flint Generals
- PrairieThunder's Skalde on radio at Show-Me's - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Thunder Games On B2 Network - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mallards Reduce Active Roster To Twenty, Prepare For Saturday Night - Quad City Mallards
- Visit Under The Ice Lounge During Icehawks Home Games - Port Huron Icehawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals