Generals Drop Fourth Straight
Flint, MI- The Flint Generals dropped their fourth straight Sunday evening in Dayton, losing 5-4 to the Gems. The loss pushes the Generals to a 1-4-0-0 record in this young season.
The first period saw five goals and six penalties, five going to the Generals. Greg Labenski scored the first goal of the game for the Gems on the power play 1:18 into the action, getting assists from Jonathon Ornelas and John Snowden. Snowden was credited with Dayton's second goal of the game at 8:04 of the opening period, his second point of the game.
The Generals scored three of their four goals in the first. Pascal Rheaume got Flint on the board at 1:56. Tyler Howells scored less than two minutes later on the power play giving the Generals a 2-1 lead. Jake Pence wrapped up the first period scoring with a goal almost halfway through the period.
The second period was all Dayton. Joe VanCulin scored at 8:24 followed by a goal from Greg Labenski at 10:58. Just .51 seconds into the final period, Dayton's Mike Vaskivuo put the Gems up 5-3. Flint gave themselves a chance with a goal from John Ronan with under two and a half minutes left in regulation, but it was too late.
Flint only got 29 shots on goal, while Dayton managed 40. Flint has been outshot in every game this season.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from October 25, 2009
- Muskegon Lumberjacks Weekly Notes - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Generals Struggles Continue With Loss In Dayton - Flint Generals
- Generals Drop Fourth Straight - Flint Generals
- Icehawks Skate To Third Straight Win - Port Huron Icehawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals