Game Preview: Gens vs. Firebirds at Home Tonight at 6:05pm
The Generals return from the road tonight to battle the Flint Firebirds at the Tribute Communities Centre. With another big win on Friday in Kingston to extend their winning streak to four straight games, the Gens enter the contest with a 27-15-2-0 record on the season. Looking to finish off the weekend on a high note, the Gens will aim to take down the Firebirds for their fifth win in a row. Tonight's matchup marks the first time the Gens will take on the Firebirds this season. With each team getting a game at home against the other, the Generals will aim to record the first win in the season series with the Firebirds before battling them again in Flint in mid February.
With a current win streak of four straight games, the Gens continue to sit near the top of the eastern conference. With 56 points in 44 games on the season, the team holds second in their division and third place in the conference, sitting behind the Niagara IceDogs and the Ottawa 67's. Meanwhile, the Flint Firebirds sit at the bottom of the west, claiming tenth place with a record of 8-35-3-0 on the season. With two points on the line, the Gens will look to make the most of the western team coming to town and continue to pile on the wins.
Three Gens forwards who had strong performances in the big 6-1 victory over the Frontenacs on Friday include Allan McShane, Nando Eggenberger, and Anthony Salinitri. McShane finished the contest with a huge 3-point effort, recording three assists that helped drive the Gens successful offense. The winger is currently on a tear, collecting multiple points in 5 of his last 7 games. Eggenberger and Salinitri were also important factors in Friday's game, with each of the forwards potting two goals to contribute to the high-scoring night. Look for all three of these players to enter tonight's contest with momentum and continue to lead the Gens up front.
Join us at the Tribute Communities Centre tonight for a 6:05pm puck drop to cheer on the Gens as they battle the Flint Firebirds! Next weekend the team will take on the 67's at home on Friday before heading to Ottawa on Saturday to finish the home and home, then close out the weekend on Sunday at home vs. the London Knights.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2019
- Generals Win Fifth Straight - Oshawa Generals
- Islanders Prospects Jenkins, Wilde Help Spirit Pull Away from Spits - Saginaw Spirit
- Knights Beaten by Battalion in Overtime - London Knights
- Coe Delivers Overtime Win - North Bay Battalion
- Steelheads Complete Perfect Weekend with Victory over Sting - Mississauga Steelheads
- Sting Tipped by a Goal - Sarnia Sting
- Bulldogs Finish Weekend with 3-1 Win in Kingston - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Fronts Suffer 3-1 Loss in Last Meeting of the Season with Bulldogs - Kingston Frontenacs
- Attack Can't Complete Comeback, Fall 5-3 to Rangers - Owen Sound Attack
- IceDogs Solidify Season Series Win over Storm with 4-3 Win - Niagara IceDogs
- Meireles Leads the Rangers over the Attack, 5-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Preview: Dellandrea, Durham, Keppen, Firebirds Invade Oshawa Sunday - Flint Firebirds
- Game Preview: Gens vs. Firebirds at Home Tonight at 6:05pm - Oshawa Generals
- Spirit Take on Spits for Covenant Kids Sunday at the Dow - Saginaw Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- 2018/19 Oshawa Generals Awards Announced
- Gens Go on Scoring Binge in Finale
- Game Preview: Gens Close out Regular Season Tonight at Home vs. Wolves at 6:05pm
- Gens Hold off Fronts, 3-2
- Game Preview: Gens with Mid-Week Matchup Tonight at Home against Frontenacs at 7:05pm