Frontenacs Acquire Ben Roger in Trade with London Knights
Kingston, Ontario - The Kingston Frontenacs have completed a trade to acquire defenceman Ben Roger from the London Knights. In exchange for Roger, the Knights will receive a 2nd round pick in 2024, a 3rd round pick in 2022, and a conditional 3rd round pick in 2025.
Roger is a 6' 4", 196 lbs. defenceman from Brighton, ON. He has spent four seasons as part of the London Knights organization. In 54 career games he has scored 2 goals and 7 assists for 9 points while recording 18 career penalty minutes.
The Ottawa Senators used the 49th overall pick to select Ben in the 2nd round of the 2021 NHL draft.
"Ben is an experienced, right shot defender that adds important depth to our defensive core." said General Manager Kory Cooper. "He is a strong skater that can cover a lot of ice quickly. He has an excellent active stick, and his skill set will fit nicely with our gameplan in Kingston."
Cooper believes Roger brings more to the team than his on-ice contributions. "Ben was an Assistant Captain with the Knights, so we can be confident that he will be a great fit with our group both on and off the ice."
Ben Roger is expected to join the Frontenacs immediately and is probable for tomorrow night's game against the North Bay Battalion. Tickets are available online at www.ticketmaster.ca or at the Leon's Centre box office.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 25, 2021
- IceDogs Doubled up by Hamilton - Niagara IceDogs
- Staios & Morrison Cross 100 Career Points in Bulldogs 6-3 Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Feast of Five Unanswered Goals Gives Otters Turkey Day Win - Erie Otters
- Frontenacs Acquire Ben Roger in Trade with London Knights - Kingston Frontenacs
- Knights Complete Trade with Frontenacs - London Knights
- Firebirds End Spirit's Winning Streak in Flint with Thrilling 5-3 Triumph - Flint Firebirds
- OHL Announces Disciplinary Action - OHL
- Wolves Welcome Jendek - Sudbury Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.