Fresno FC's Home Opener vs. Reno 1868 FC Today
USL CHAMPIONSHIP REGULAR SEASON: MATCH 3
FRESNO FC vs. RENO 1868 FC
KICKOFF AT 7:30 P.M. | GATES OPEN AT 6 P.M.
FIRST 2,000 FANS WILL RECEIVE A FREE RALLY TOWEL AND 2019 SCHEDULE MAGNET
TV: CW 59 | Radio: ESPN Deportes 1600 AM | Stream: ESPN +
Social Media: Follow @FFCFoxes on Twitter for match updates and follow along using the hashtags #FRSvRNO
THE BEST DAY TO GO DOWNTOWN
Los Zorros bring their unbeaten start to Chukchansi Park, where they'll make their 2019 home debut against also unbeaten side Reno 1868 FC. Kick off is at 7:30 p.m. with gates opening at 6 p.m. to fans. The first 2,000 fans through the gates will receive a free rally towel and 2019 schedule magnet.
The Foxes will aim to celebrate a home-opening win on a day all about Fresno, as #FresYesFest will start the party at Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company beginning at 1 p.m.
It is advised to arrive early to adjust for a heavy volume of traffic in the downtown area. All Season Ticket Holders can secure their free parking in Lot H, directly across from the Chukchansi Park box office.
PARKING OPTIONS FOR FANS:
Spiral garage on Inyo Street +Van Ness Avenue
Lot at H Street + Mariposa Street
Garage on Tulare Street + Congo Alley
Garage on Tulare Street + Van Ness Avenue
Season Ticket Holders park free in Lot H, across from the Chukchansi Park box office (with STH Card or Parking Voucher)
FRESNO, Calif. - Los Zorros bring their unbeaten start to the 2019 season to Chukchansi Park, where they'll look to win their first home opener in club history against an also unbeaten Reno 1868 FC side. The Foxes, fresh off a 2-0 win at RGV FC Toros and its second USL Team of the Week selection in a row (Arun Basuljevic) will kick off against Reno at 7:30 p.m. PT at Chukchansi Park. The match will be televised on CW 59 and ESPN Plus. It is the third meeting ever between the two clubs, with both matches ending in 1-1 draws during the 2018 regular season.
Leading the pack for Fresno FC is newly acquired midfielder Jackson, who has recorded one assist and one goal in his first two games of the regular season. Arun Basuljevic will look to continue his offensive production after a brace at RGV FC and a passing accuracy rating of 91% for the evening. Defensively, the Foxes will look to collect their second consecutive clean sheet of the season against Reno 1868 FC, which has scored four goals through its first two matches.
Behind most of that production is standout forward Brian Brown, who was called up to the Jamaican National Team earlier this week for its friendly against El Salvador. On Tuesday, was voted USL Championship Player of the Week for his two goals in a 3-1 win over Austin Bold FC. He also scored in Reno's 1-1 draw vs. Orange County SC in the season opener. In 2018, Brown scored a team-high 17 goals to help Reno to its second straight postseason.
The match will be Reno's first on the road, after playing the first two weeks at home. Lindo Mfeka scored the team's other goal against Austin. Like the Foxes, Reno 1868 FC is off to its best start in club history with four points in its first two games.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 23, 2019
- RGV FC Earns Draw against Locomotive FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Cesar Romero Opens Switchbacks Account on Debut with Game Winner over San Antonio FC - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Romario Williams Scores Hat-Trick, ATL UTD 2 Draws 3-3 at Charlotte - Atlanta United 2
- San Antonio FC Falls 0-1 on the Road in Colorado Springs - San Antonio FC
- Hounds Come Back Late to Tie Swope Park, 2-2 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Tacoma Defiance Drops First Road Match of the Season in Tulsa - Tacoma Defiance
- Real Monarchs SLC Thrashes LA Galaxy II - Real Monarchs SLC
- Roughnecks Win 4-0 over Tacoma Defiance - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- North Carolina FC Downs Liga MX Team Club Necaxa 2-1 - North Carolina FC
- STLFC Draws 1-1 against Tampa Bay Rowdies - Saint Louis FC
- Nashville SC Hits the Road to Take on New York Red Bulls II - Nashville SC
- Fresno FC's Home Opener vs. Reno 1868 FC Today - Fresno FC
- Memphis 901 FC Braces for First Away Match in Sunday Night Showdown - Memphis 901 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.