Free Agent Naurato, Thunder Agree to Terms
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder, the proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Edmonton Oilers and American Hockey League's Springfield Falcons, has agreed to terms with free agent left wing Brandon Naurato (NAH-raw-toh), Thunder head coach Matt Thomas announced today. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The 24-year old rookie is scheduled to make his professional debut with the Thunder on Friday, April 3 against the Las Vegas Wranglers at 7:30 p.m. (1420 KSTN/StocktonThunder.com) at Orleans Arena.
"Brandon comes from a tremendous program at Michigan where they've had a lot success in winning and producing good players," said Thomas. "He possesses a real good shot, he's a hard worker and a heart-and-soul kind of player."
Naurato joins the Thunder after finishing the college season with the University of Michigan (NCAA), where he previously competed for four full seasons (2005-09) and skated in 130 games for the Wolverines, scoring 64 points (32g-32a) and collecting 96 penalty minutes.
The Livonia, Mich. native scored 13 points (6g7a) in 25 games this season for Michigan, posting 32 penalty minutes. As a teammate of Thunder right winger David Rohlfs in 2006-07, Naurato set career-highs in goals (12), assists (tied, 11) and points (23) when he skated in 40 games, helping guide Michigan to a berth in the NCAA "Frozen Four" tournament.
The Thunder was voted "Best Local Sports Team" by readers of San Joaquin Magazine, has led the ECHL in attendance for three consecutive seasons and drew 239,337 fans to Stockton Arena in 2007-08. Season tickets for 2009-10, group tickets and individual tickets are on sale now. For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit www.StocktonThunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 31, 2009
- Steelheads down Roadrunners, 3-2 - Idaho Steelheads
- Phoenix Eliminated From Playoff Contention With 3-2 Loss - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Grizzlies Mathematically Clinch Playoff Spot - Utah Grizzlies
- Blades win 5th straight; Baker ties EC HL record with 27th power play goal - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Fall to Everblades 4-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Aspenlind Returns - Elmira Jackals
- Jackals Lead ECHL in Sell Outs - Elmira Jackals
- Free Agent Naurato, Thunder Agree to Terms - Stockton Thunder
- Steelheads' Climie Named Reebok ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Checkers Announce Playoff Dates Presented By Bud Light - Charlotte Checkers
- Nailers Changing the Record Book - Wheeling Nailers
- Big Games, Big Promotions - Wheeling Nailers
- Blades make changes to roster - Florida Everblades
- Wranglers Qualify For 2009 Kelly Cup Playoffs - Las Vegas Wranglers
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls