Fredericksburg Baseball Announces New Stadium Groundbreaking Event for Sunday, February 24th
Fredericksburg, VA - Fredericksburg Baseball will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for the organization's state-of-the-art new stadium on Sunday, February 24th, from 2:00pm-5:00pm.
The groundbreaking event, which is open to members of the Fredericksburg Baseball Founders Club, as well as the public, will take place at the Fredericksburg Expo & Convention Center ballroom and is free to all to attend. Fans of Fredericksburg Baseball can join the organization to celebrate a kickoff to baseball in the City of Fredericksburg.
In addition to putting the first shovel in the ground, the event will include light refreshments, an outdoor groundbreaking ceremony, and an indoor program, which will highlight the key players involved in bringing baseball to the City. Fredericksburg Baseball will have merchandise for sale, as well as information on both the Booster Club and corporate sponsorship opportunities.
Team owners Art Silber, Lani Weiss, and Seth Silber stated: "We are excited to take this next step towards opening our ballpark in April 2020. This is a great opportunity to share our excitement and plans for the new stadium with the community, and recognize the incredible support from the City, fans, and sponsors who have turned this dream into a reality."
The groundbreaking event will also be the final chance for fans to join the Founders Club, which sets fans up for priority seat selection for full-season tickets, a special gift, and invitations to exclusive Founders Club events.
RSVP's are not required, but are appreciated. To RSVP for the groundbreaking event, or for more information on the event, the Founders Club, or Fredericksburg Baseball, visit FredericksburgBaseball.com.
Fredericksburg Baseball is set to begin Carolina League play in 2020 at a brand new, state-of-the-art stadium facility, located at Celebrate Virginia South on Carl D. Silver Parkway near the Fredericksburg Expo & Convention Center in Fredericksburg, VA. Celebrate baseball in The 'Burg and stay up to date with the progress of the new ballpark facility and the team online at Fredericksburgbaseball.com, and follow Fredericksburg Baseball on Facebook (@FredericksburgBaseball), on Twitter (@FXBGBaseball20), and on Instagram (@FredericksburgBaseball).
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from February 7, 2019
- Fredericksburg Baseball Announces New Stadium Groundbreaking Event for Sunday, February 24th - Potomac Nationals
- Fayetteville Ballpark to be Named SEGRA Stadium - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Fayetteville Woodpeckers Announce Game Times for 2019 Season - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Mudcats Announce New Promotions Schedule for 2019 Season - Carolina Mudcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Potomac Nationals Stories
- 2019 Potomac Nationals Season in Review
- Fredericksburg Baseball Team Gets a Name
- Carson Teel Named Carolina League Player of the Month
- Fredericksburg Baseball Hires Nick Hall as New Executive Vice President and General Manager; Bryan Holland and Aaron Johnson Promoted to Vice Presidents
- P-Nats Drub Frederick 11-2 in Franchise's Final Potomac Game