Frank Trazzera Commits to Trine University
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TX - The Lone Star Brahmas are pleased to announce that Forward Frankie Trazzera has committed to play NCAA Division III hockey at Trine University.
Trazzera has been a Brahmas since the first sheet of ice was installed at the NYTEX Sports Centre in 2007 and began playing youth hockey on the Squirt Jr. Brahmas at age nine. Eight years later it was time for Frankie to move up to junior hockey starting with the Atlanta Capitals before working his way home and finishing the season with the Lone Star Brahmas.
From youth through junior hockey, Frankie has played over 650 games in black and purple. The team captain closes the book on his Lone Star Brahma career as the all-time leader in career games played with 180. In his final season, Trazzera recorded 28 points on 8 goals and 20 assists. However, even before this season, he had already caught the eye of Trine Thunder head coach, Alex Todd.
"I first noticed Frankie playing two years ago in a lopsided win for the Brahmas," Todd said. "Late in the third period he was still working so hard, he was really driving the other team crazy. I loved it! I know that Frankie will stay consistent and only get better over his four years of NCAA Hockey."
Now that the season is over, Frankie is counting down the days until he steps on campus and prepares to make the ice at Thunder Ice Arena his new home.
"I've been sold on Trine ever since I met coach Todd and formed a great relationship with him and his staff," Frankie said. "I can't wait to put that sweater on with a big blue "T" on the front which of course will always also represent Tracking, blue line to blue."
Frankie will begin school at Trine University in the fall of 2019 pursuing a degree in Sports & Business Management.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from May 2, 2019
- East Division Final Heads Back to Middletown Tied at 1-1 - New Jersey Titans
- Murray Inducted to Manitoba H.O.F. - Minot Minotauros
- Frank Trazzera Commits to Trine University - Lone Star Brahmas
- Max Salpeter Commits to the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire - Aberdeen Wings
- Pilots Receive Divisional Awards - Topeka Pilots
- Bulls Rally Past Bugs 4-3 in OT - Amarillo Bulls
- Mudbugs Drop Heartbreaker to Bulls in Game 3 - Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.