Former Saugerties Stallion All-Star Inked By Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Brewers have signed former Saugerties Stallions catcher Cameron Comer (University of Virginia) following the 2019 MLB Draft. During his season with the Stallions, Comer was named to the 2018 PGCBL All-Star Game.
Comer posted a .288 batting average and drove home 26 runs, tied for the team lead in RBIs. His 40 hits ranked second on the Stallions' roster. Comer's campaign featured both a seven and six game hit streak, with the latter including three multi-hit games. The Powell, OH native was also regarded for his stout defense behind the plate.
"We are all so happy for Cam and his family," said Kevin Hinchey, owner of the Saugerties Stallions. "He's a great guy who works hard and it's great to see him get the shot that he deserves."
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from June 7, 2019
- Albany's Running Mistakes Prove Costly in Loss - Albany Dutchmen
- Diamond Dawgs Defeat Amsterdam, 6-5 in PGCBL Action - Mohawk Valley DiamondDawgs
- Former Saugerties Stallion All-Star Inked By Milwaukee - Saugerties Stallions
- 37 PGCBL Alumni Selected in 2019 MLB Draft - PGCBL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.