Former Quad City Steamwheelers DLS Jermaine Petty Signs with Columbus Destroyers
(Davenport, IA) - The Quad City Steamwheelers are pleased to announce that former Steamwheelers DLS Jermaine Petty earned a promotion to the Arena Football League after signing with the Columbus Destroyers.
Petty joined the team midseason in 2006 and wasted little time making his impact felt on the defensive side of the football as he quickly took over the lead in several defensive categories. The DLS finished the season leading the team in forced fumbles (4), sacks (5.0) and was tied for the team lead in tackles for a loss (5.0). The 6-foot-2, 250 pound lineman also finished 7th in the team in total tackles as he notched 23.5 in just six games.
The former Arkansas Razorback was named First Team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association and First-Team All-Southeastern Conference in 2001. He also has spent time with the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals and Green Bay Packers.
Petty is the third Steamwheeler to officially sign with an AFL team this season, joining Tim Hicks and Troy Graham who signed the Los Angeles Avengers and the Georgia Force respectively.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from October 20, 2006
- Cincinnati Bengals/Reds Players Buy Into af2 - Louisville Fire
- Former Quad City Steamwheelers DLS Jermaine Petty Signs with Columbus Destroyers - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Dietz Joins Rush - Louisville Fire
- BattleWings' to Hold First Open Tryout for the 2007 Season - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.