Former Penguins Fan Favorite Darius Kasparaitis to Join Chiefs Alumni on January 19th
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. - The Johnstown Tomahawks are proud to announce that a pre-game event will take place on January 19th involving Chiefs alumni, two ex-Penguins and local youth hockey players.
With the recent postponement of the Flyers Alumni game announced earlier this week, the Tomahawks organization will move forward with a Chiefs Alumni event to benefit the Cambria County Student Hockey League.
The event will feature ex Penguins tough guy DARIUS KASPARAITIS and 2009 Stanley Cup Champion TYLER KENNEDY playing alongside Chiefs Alumni including Jason Spence, Joe Tallari, John Bradley, Dmitri Tarabrin and several others. The alumni team will play the Johnstown Warriors U18 team and a portion of Tomahawks ticket sales will benefit the youth program.
The charity game will begin at 5:00pm with gates opening at 4:30pm. Fans can attend the event by using their Tomahawks game ticket for the January 19th game versus Wilkes-Barre Knights. The alumni team, including Kasparaitis, will also be on hand to meet fans in the party pit area by section 9 during the Tomahawks game. The meet and greet is free of charge and will last the entirety of the Tomahawks game.
Recently inducted into the Russian Hockey Hall of Fame, KASPARAITIS was a fan favorite recognized for his hard hitting and gritty play with the Penguins from 1996 to 2002. His 14-year NHL career includes stops with the Islanders, the Penguins, Avalanche and the Rangers. He is also a four time Olympian and three-time medalist winning the gold, silver and bronze with Russia. He played professional hockey until the age of 45 years old.
"Darius was an amazing but dangerous player that you loved to watched when he played for the Pens and you absolutely feared when he played against them" - said Tomahawks Representative Mark Kresak. "he's still in great shape today and the fans will appreciate seeing him play and meeting him afterwards. We are extremely excited to be hosting Darius, Tyler and former Chiefs"
Fans can purchase individual tickets for all games on the Tomahawks home schedule by visiting the 1ST SUMMIT ARENA Box Office, by calling (800) 745-3000, or going to the ticketmaster.com website. Both the Tomahawks office and the arena box office are open Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
For additional information and group tickets, please call 814-536-4625, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.johnstowntomahawks.com.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 5, 2019
- Amarillo Defeats IceRays Saturday Night - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Black Bears Secure Vengeance against Generals - Maryland Black Bears
- Bruins Run into Hot Goaltender, Fall to Brookings 2-0 - Austin Bruins
- Former Penguins Fan Favorite Darius Kasparaitis to Join Chiefs Alumni on January 19th - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Wings Win 11th Straight, 7-0 over Bismarck Friday - Aberdeen Wings
- Bulls Beat IceRays 5-2 - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Johnstown Tomahawks Stories
- Toale Nets Winner in OT as Hawks Bounce Rebels 7-6
- Rebels Clip Tomahawks in Overtime 3-2
- Carson Briere Earns Star of the Week Recognition for Third Time this Season
- Briere Nets Four Goals in 7-5 Victory over Maryland
- Solensky Nets Game-Winner in 3-2 Victory over Maryland