'Force stays alive
Sioux Falls, SD (March 20, 2006) - The Sioux Falls Skyforce defeated the Rockford Lightning tonight 104-93 (7, 0) to improve to 2-1 in the postseason. The Force needed at least 6.5 quarter-points to stay in the hunt for a berth to the CBA Finals and came away with a quarter-points sweep. The Force now needs the Yakama-Albany game to be a 4-3 or 4.5-2.5 quarter-point outcome either way to advance to the CBA Finals. Rockford dropped to 1-2 and finished their season on a bad note.
A majority of the fans in attendance were aware that the Force basically needed to win all 7.0 quarter-points to give themselves a chance to move on to the CBA Finals. The first quarter went back and forth as each team was playing extremely hard. The Force went ahead 27-25 with :37 seconds remaining and was able to get a defensive stop to win the quarter 27-25 behind 10 points from Corey Williams. The second quarter also went back and forth as neither team could take control. Corey Williams made two free throws with :44 seconds remaining in the first half to give the Force a 47-44 lead in the game, but more importantly a 20-19 lead in the quarter. The Force once again came up with a defensive stop and won the quarter 20-19. The Force quickly built a seven-point lead (57-50) in the third quarter; however, Rockford would stay within striking distance. Jermaine Walker made a clutch jumper with :03 seconds to go in the quarter to give the Force a 72-67 lead heading into the final stanza. The Force won the third quarter 25-23 behind 12 points from Walker. Rockford was not about to go down without a fight and led 81-77 with 7:36 to go in the game. The Force came storming back and took control of the game in the final minutes. The Force won the final quarter 32-26 and kept their CBA Finals hopes alive.
SKYFORCE: Corey Williams 27 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists
Jermaine Walker 25 points, 15 rebounds
LIGHTNING: Roger Powell 23 points, 13-for-15 FT
Marlon Parmer 22 points, 10-for-12 FT
• Discuss this story on the Continental Basketball Association 1 message board...
Continental Basketball Association 1 Stories from March 21, 2006
- Steelheads Lose at Idaho 100-90; Will Face Yakama Sun Kings in CBA Finals - Gary Steelheads
- Bliss Resigns - Dakota Wizards
- Lightning Website Jersey Auction - Rockford Lightning
- Finals Hopes Fall Short as Lightning Fall to 'Force - Rockford Lightning
- 'Force still alive for Finals berth - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Yakama's Rich Austin Named CBA General Manager of the Year - CBA 1
- 'Force stays alive - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Steelheads game notes - Gary Steelheads
- Steelheads Visit Idaho In Final Playoff Game Before CBA Finals - Gary Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.