Firecats Whip Wolves 49-27
Estero, FL- The Florida Firecats defense pitched a shout out in the second half and the Firecats rolled to a 49-27 victory over the Manchester Wolves, Florida's 4th straight win on the year in front of 5,479 fans.
The teams battled to a 30-27 halftime score which saw Florida on top. Levy Brown provided a bit of foreshadowing intercepting Wolves QB Mark Radlinski on the opening drive of the game. The Firecats needed just 3 plays to get on the board as Chris Wallace threw his 1st of 5 TD's on the night, finding Ethenic Sands for a 10 yard strike. Manchester led at the end of the 1st 14-12 thanks to touchdowns by David Bailey and Patrick Rouzard. Firecats kicker Andy Eminger missed a pair of PAT's in the quarter, which would wind up to being a trend all night long as he finished with just 1 extra point on 6 tries.
Florida scored on their second possion of the 2nd half to take a 36-27 lead. The Firecats' defense then took over and blocked a kick, recovered a fumble and intercepted 2 more passes including one returned 31 yards by Kris Thomas for a TD that would prove to be the games final score.
DB Levy Brown led all defenders with 11.5 tackles and his league leading 10th INT. While the Cats defensive line didn't record a sack, they harassed Radlinski throughout the 2nd half and recorded 2 tackles for a loss.
Florida hosts the Albany Conquest next week for and will look for their 5th straight win. Manchester will be off next week with a bye and will host South Georgia in 2 weeks.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 16, 2007
- Dawgz' streak comes to a close - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Fusion "D" Dominates in 52-34 Road Win Over Fire - Fort Wayne Fusion
- Shock fall to Fever 39-34 - Spokane Shock
- Twisters Ride Big First Quarter to Win - Arkansas Diamonds
- Quad City Steamwheelers Thunder Struck 63-34 by Mahoning Valley - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Quincy Carter returns with a vengeance - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Fire fall to Fusion - Louisville Fire
- Firecats Whip Wolves 49-27 - Florida Firecats
- Thunder defeat Quad City Steamwheelers 63-34 - Mahoning Valley Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.