Fire Return to Soldier Field to Host Philadelphia Union on Saturday
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC returns to Soldier Field to host the Philadelphia Union on Saturday, May 8. The match will begin at 12:00 p.m. CT and will be broadcast on WGN-TV and CFFC Live. The match will also be transmitted locally in Spanish on TUDN 1200AM.
Chicago holds a 7-3-3 home record against Philadelphia. The Union is coming off a 2-0 loss against New York City FC. Philadelphia played the majority of the match with 10 men after José Martínez was sent off in the 16th minute. The Union (0-2-1, 1 point) is still in search of its first victory after drawing 0-0 with Columbus in the first game of the season, followed by a 2-1 loss against Inter Miami.
Playing a second consecutive away match, Chicago Fire FC (0-2-1, 1 point) dropped a 2-0 result against the New York Red Bulls (1-2-0, 3 points) at Red Bull Arena on Saturday afternoon. A gritty first half saw Fire defender Francisco Calvo almost put the Fire on the board with a long-distance bicycle kick in the 34th minute. RBNY striker Fábio hit the post in the 37th minute but, ultimately, both teams went into halftime scoreless. New York took the lead in the 47th minute off a goal from Cristian Casseres Jr. and doubled the lead in the 64th minute when Caden Clark buried his second goal of the season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 2, 2021
- Whitecaps FC Activate Winger Kamron Habibullah and Loan Midfielder Damiano Pecile - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Extends All-Time Unbeaten Streak against Inter Miami CF with Home Draw - Nashville SC
- Fire Return to Soldier Field to Host Philadelphia Union on Saturday - Chicago Fire FC
- Jackson Yueill scores twice, Cade Cowell tallies one goal and two assists - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United Lose 4-1 to San Jose on the Road - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Hires Patrick Nyarko as Academy Coach
- Chicago Fire FC to Start Four-Game Homestand at Soldier Field on Wednesday
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 2-0 to Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils New Crest and Visual Identity Directly Inspired by More Than 20,000 Fire Fans and Supporters
- Chicago Fire FC, MLS and BPC Celebrate Freedom on Juneteenth with Limited-Edition Jerseys Auctioned