Fire Assigned Player Playing Third Season
Louisville, KY-The Louisville Fire Arena Football team has been assigned Keith Ptomey (5'11, 180 lbs.). Ptomey will be playing in his third year of full contact football, but picked up the game quickly.
Ptomey is from Pittsburgh, PA. He attended Pittsburgh Creative and Performing Arts High School, which did not have a football team. When Ptomey tried to play football at a neighboring high school, he was denied because he did not attend the school.
During the 2006 and 2007 seasons Ptomey played for the Pittsburgh Colts, a semi-professional football team. In his third game ever he intercepted his first pass and started the following game. That same year he was named to the National Amateur Football League's North All-Star team. In 2007 he set the league record with the most interceptions in a season with 18 and was first team All-American Midwest Region.
"Keith [Ptomey] has a lot of raw talent," stated Head Coach Tommy Johnson when asked about Ptomey. "We are really excited about picking him up. He has been flying under the radar and we were able to capitalize on him. This proves to the extensive recruiting efforts of our coaching staff."
The Louisville Fire will kickoff the 2008 season against the Iowa Barnstormers on March 29. Season tickets for the 2008 Fire season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 502.368.0009 today. Season ticket packages begin at $72.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 5, 2008
- Dance Team Finals This Thursday Night - Spokane Shock
- Dusters announce multi-station radio broacast partnership - Amarillo Venom
- Dorados Announce Player Assignments, Training Camp Details - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- First af2 pro combine to be held April 13 at James Madison University - af2
- Individual game tickets going on sale - South Georgia Wildcats
- Fire Assigned Player Playing Third Season - Louisville Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.