FC Dallas Acquires GoalKeeper Henry Ring and 2006 Second Round Pick
Dallas, Tex. FC Dallas President and General Manager Greg Elliott announced today that the club has acquired goalkeeper Henry Ring and a 2006 second round pick from the Chicago Fire in exchange for the 29th overall selection in todays MLS SuperDraft. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Ring, 27, was named the 2004 Chicago Fire Honda MVP in his first season as a starter with Chicago last year. Posting a 1.43 GAA, a 7-12-9 record in 28 starts, Ring got the starting nod in his first-ever Sierra Mist MLS All-Star Game for the Eastern Conference last July. Among league leaders, Ring finished third in saves (128), third in save percentage (75.3%) and tied for third in shutouts (7).
FC Dallas, a charter member club of Major League Soccer, will begin play in the new 21,193 seat soccer stadium in the spring of 2005. The 117-acre facility will be located at the intersection of Main Street and Dallas North Tollway in Frisco. The Frisco Soccer & Entertainment Center will accommodate Major League Soccer matches, major concerts, international soccer matches and High School football. Adjacent to the stadium will be 17 regulation size, tournament-grade soccer fields which will be utilized on a year-round basis. Join us as we celebrate Major League Soccers 10th season. For more information, log on to fcdallas.net or call Mark Janko at (214) 777-0203.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 14, 2005
- Chivas USA picks GK Brad Guzan - MLS SuperDraft 2005 - MLS
- Provo girl counts on countess - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Select Seven Players and Make Two Major Trades at 2005 MLS SuperDraft in Baltimore - San Jose Earthquakes
- No. 1 Pick Nikolas Besagno of Real Salt Lake Becomes Second Youngest Player Drafted in MLS History - MLS
- Galaxy select five players at 2005 MLS SuperDraft - LA Galaxy
- Wizards Bolster Attack in 2005 MLS SuperDraft, Land Sasha Victorine in Trade - Sporting Kansas City
- Columbus Selects Marcus Storey, Domenic Mediate And Knox Cameron In 2005 MLS SuperDraft - Columbus Crew SC
- MetroStars Select Two Players in the 2005 MLS SuperDraft - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Lands Nick Van Sicklen, Tim Merritt in Draft - D.C. United
- Revolution takes three defensive players in MLS SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Finishes Successful Day at 2005 MLS SuperDraft - FC Dallas
- Crew Acquires 2006 First Round Draft Pick From Colorado For Jeff Cunningham - Columbus Crew SC
- MetroStars Acquire a Portion of an Allocation and Youth International Spot from San Jose Earthquakes - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Acquire Rising Star Ricardo Clark From MetroStars - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Acquires GoalKeeper Henry Ring and 2006 Second Round Pick - FC Dallas
- Revolution selects Michael Parkhurst with ninth pick in MLS SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Acquires Richard Mulrooney, Arturo Alvarez, Picks from San Jose - FC Dallas
- RSL Selects 16-Year Old Nik Besagno with #1 Overall Pick in 2005 MLS SuperDraft - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Battles Back from 2-0 Deficit Before Losing to Seattle in Extra Time in Round One of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know
- Broadcast Details for FC Dallas' Playoff Match on October 19th Confirmed
- Ricardo Pepi Called into United States U-17 National Team for 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup
- FC Dallas Signs Paxton Pomykal to New Contract