MetroStars Acquire a Portion of an Allocation and Youth International Spot from San Jose Earthquakes
BALTIMORE, MD (Friday, January 14, 2005) The MetroStars announced today that they acquired a portion of an allocation and a youth international spot from the San Jose Earthquakes in exchange for two-year MLS veteran, Ricardo Clark. The move marks the second dealing between the two clubs, as the Metros acquired Jeff Agoos from the Quakes in December.
Clark, a 21-year-old midfielder was drafted in the first round (second overall) out of Furman University in the 2003 MLS SuperDraft. Starting 28 games during his rookie campaign, Clark tallied seven points with three goals and one assist. That was good enough to make him a finalist for the MLS Rookie of the Year Award. Although injuries kept Clark sidelined for a good part of the 2004 season, his success continued, garnering 3 points on one goal and one assist.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 14, 2005
- Chivas USA picks GK Brad Guzan - MLS SuperDraft 2005 - MLS
- Provo girl counts on countess - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Select Seven Players and Make Two Major Trades at 2005 MLS SuperDraft in Baltimore - San Jose Earthquakes
- No. 1 Pick Nikolas Besagno of Real Salt Lake Becomes Second Youngest Player Drafted in MLS History - MLS
- Galaxy select five players at 2005 MLS SuperDraft - LA Galaxy
- Wizards Bolster Attack in 2005 MLS SuperDraft, Land Sasha Victorine in Trade - Sporting Kansas City
- Columbus Selects Marcus Storey, Domenic Mediate And Knox Cameron In 2005 MLS SuperDraft - Columbus Crew SC
- MetroStars Select Two Players in the 2005 MLS SuperDraft - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Lands Nick Van Sicklen, Tim Merritt in Draft - D.C. United
- Revolution takes three defensive players in MLS SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Finishes Successful Day at 2005 MLS SuperDraft - FC Dallas
- Crew Acquires 2006 First Round Draft Pick From Colorado For Jeff Cunningham - Columbus Crew SC
- MetroStars Acquire a Portion of an Allocation and Youth International Spot from San Jose Earthquakes - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Acquire Rising Star Ricardo Clark From MetroStars - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Acquires GoalKeeper Henry Ring and 2006 Second Round Pick - FC Dallas
- Revolution selects Michael Parkhurst with ninth pick in MLS SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- FC Dallas Acquires Richard Mulrooney, Arturo Alvarez, Picks from San Jose - FC Dallas
- RSL Selects 16-Year Old Nik Besagno with #1 Overall Pick in 2005 MLS SuperDraft - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- ACF Fiorentina Replaces AS Roma in 2019 International Champions Cup
- Red Bulls Drop out of Open Cup, Fall to New England, 3-2 in OT
- New York Red Bulls Add Rece Buckmaster on Short-Term Agreement
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Host New England in Fourth Round Open Cup Match
- Red Bulls Start Strong, Fall Late to Philadelphia, 3-2