FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: August 19, 2019
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati return to Nippert Stadium on Sunday to close out their regular-season series with Columbus Crew SC. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. The game will be televised nationally on FS1, streamed on FOX Sports GO and carried on the radio on WDJO, while an audio stream will be available on the TuneIn app and fccincinnati.com.
FC Cincinnati (5-18-3, 18 pts.) enter the week after falling to New York City FC, 4-1, at Nippert Stadium on Saturday evening. Allan Cruz recorded his FCC-leading fifth goal of the season, while PrzemysÅaw TytoÅ saved a penalty kick. The Orange and Blue lead MLS with three penalty saves this season and are one of three teams - along with Colorado and Dallas - to have two different goalkeepers stop a penalty this season.
Columbus Crew SC (7-14-6, 27 pts.) enter the week after playing Toronto FC to a 2-2 draw at MAPFRE Stadium on Saturday evening. Pedro Santos and David Accam tallied for the Black & Gold in the draw. Crew SC are an unbeaten 2-0-4 in their last six contests. Prior to Sunday's meeting, Crew SC will play New York City FC at Yankee Stadium on Wednesday, Aug. 21.
Sunday's matchup will be the second meeting in fifteen days between the two sides. FCC and Crew SC played to a 2-2 draw in the first MLS edition of the #HellisReal derby at MAPFRE Stadium on Aug. 10.
Cruz Tallies FCC-Leading Fifth Goal
Allan Cruz scored his team-leading fifth goal of the season in the 30th minute against New York City FC ... the midfielder has scored four goals at Nippert Stadium - most among all FC Cincinnati players ... each of Allan Cruz's last four goals have been the first goal of the match for either side.
TytoÅ Stops PK
PrzemysÅaw TytoÅ recorded his first MLS penalty save against New York City FC when he stopped Maxi Moralez's attempt in the 35th minute ... the penalty save was FC Cincinnati's MLS-leading third of the season, Spencer Richey has recorded a pair of penalty saves for the Orange and Blue.
Gutman Registers First FCC Assist
Andrew Gutman tallied his first MLS and FC Cincinnati assist on Cruz's tally against New York City FC ... the left back is FC Cincinnati's second defender to record an assist this season - Mathieu Deplagne has registered a pair of helpers for the Orange and Blue in 2019.
Ulloa Adds Assist in Second Straight Match
Victor Ulloa claimed an assist against NYCFC on Allan Cruz's tally, his second assist of the campaign ... Saturday marked the first time in the midfielder's career that he registered assists in consecutive matches ... Ulloa's two assists ties his single-season best, which he twice recorded with Dallas in both 2015 and 2016 ... the nine-year MLS veteran has equaled his single-season high of three combined goals and assists, which he twice recorded with Dallas in both 2015 and 2018.
FCC Gear Up for Blue Out
FC Cincinnati will hold their third color-themed match of the season for their #HellisReal derby match against Columbus Crew SC on Aug. 25 ... All FCC fans are encouraged to wear their blue gear and select "Blue Out" items will be available for purchase at the club's team store ... FC Cincinnati hosted an "Orange Out" match against Sporting Kansas City on April 7 ... FCC also held a "White Out" match against D.C. United on July 18.
Orange and Blue Find Lineup Stability
In their match against New York City FC, FC Cincinnati maintained the same starting lineup for a second consecutive match for the second time this season ... additionally, the 18-man matchday roster featured only one change from FCC's previous match at Columbus Crew SC - Kekuta Manneh replaced Tommy McCabe on the bench ... FCC also kept the same starting XI on March 10 at Atlanta and March 17 against Portland.
FC Cincinnati return to the pitch on Sunday, Aug. 25 when they host Columbus Crew SC for the second #HellisReal derby match of the season. First kick is set for 6 p.m., and the game will be televised nationally on FS1, streamed on FOX Sports GO and carried on the radio on WDJO with an audio stream on TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Individual-game tickets and group options are on sale for all remaining FC Cincinnati games at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 19, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: August 19, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Audi Field to Host U.S. Men's National Team in Inaugural Match in CONCACAF Nations League on October 11 against Cuba - D.C. United
- Trade Alert: Turn in Crew Gear, Get 30% off at FCC Store - FC Cincinnati
- Playoff Picture | The Race Tightens - Orlando City SC
- MLS Heineken Rivalry Week to Showcase Fiercest and Newest Rivalries from Coast to Coast - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: August 19, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Playoff Picture | City in the Mix - Orlando City SC
- 23-Player Rosters Announced for August 20 Leagues Cup Semifinal Matches in Houston and Los Angeles - MLS
- Timbers Fall 2-0 to Atlanta United FC at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Beats Portland, Moves to Top of Eastern Conference - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati remain unbeaten at Nippert Stadium
- Remaining matches of FC Cincinnati's regular season schedule unveiled
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 21, 2020
- Lion's Share Hospitality to bring Exciting Food and Beverage Options to FC Cincinnati Fans
- Medunjanin's late game-winner propels FCC in win