FC Cincinnati Academy U15s, U17s to Participate in MLS NEXT Fest
FC Cincinnati's U15 and U17 academy teams are set to participate in the third-annual MLS NEXT Fest, which kicks off on December 5 at the Reach 11 Sports Complex in Phoenix, Ariz. The six-day event will feature 350 of the best youth soccer clubs from across the U.S. and Canada and provide a platform for players to be scouted by 300 different college, national team and professional scouts.
The Young Garys will play three matches in each age group over a four-day window with the U15s opening against Orlando City SC on December 7, while the U17s face L.A. Galaxy on December 5. Matches for the event were scheduled based on division, competition in past events and competitive standings from the 2023-2024 MLS NEXT regular season.
The U15s will close out the week against the Portland Timbers on December 9 and Nashville SC on December 10 while the U17s take on the Vancouver Whitecaps on December 6 and Orlando City SC on December 8.
The event will serve as an opportunity to be scouted by various organizations and coaches from 192 different colleges. Furthermore, nine MLS NEXT Match Evaluators - an assembled group of current and former professional players and coaches - will be evaluating matches at the event. Match Evaluators will attend various games and assess the quality of play while pinpointing top-performing players at each age group.
The group will include notable current MLS players Evan Bush (Columbus Crew), Omar Gonzalez, and Jimmy Maurer (FC Dallas). Former MLS players Kofi Opare, Dillon Powers, and Amobi Okugo will also participate in the program at MLS NEXT Fest. Alumni of the program have progressed into coaching or administration roles within MLS and MLS NEXT clubs.
FC Cincinnati Academy Matches
Dec. 7: Orlando City SC, 4 p.m. ET/2 p.m. MT
Dec. 9: Portland Timbers, 3:45 p.m. ET/1:45 p.m. MT
Dec. 10: Nashville SC, 12 p.m. ET/10 a.m. MT
Dec. 5: L.A. Galaxy, 6 p.m. ET/4 p.m. MT
Dec. 6: Vancouver Whitecaps, 4:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. MT
Dec. 8: Orlando City SC, 12 p.m. ET/10 a.m. MT
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 4, 2023
- Queens Community Board 7 Approves Transformative Willets Point Development - New York City FC
- Three CF Montréal Academy Players to Train in Bologna - Club de Foot Montreal
- Houston Dynamo FC Announce Roster Decisions Following Run to Western Conference Final - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Cincinnati Academy U15s, U17s to Participate in MLS NEXT Fest - FC Cincinnati
- Charlotte Selected as Host City ForÃ¢ÂÂ¨CONMEBOL Copa America 2024 Semifinals and Third Place Playoff - Charlotte FC
- Exploria Stadium Announced as Host Venue for CONMEBOL Copa America 2024™ - Orlando City SC
- Children's Mercy Park to Host Copa America Match Next Summer - Sporting Kansas City
- Academy Update: November 2023 Players of the Month - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Announces Roster Decisions to Conclude 2023 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- U.S. U-17 MYNT Eliminated in World Cup Round of Sixteen After Memorable Performances from Homegrown Nimfasha Berchimas - Charlotte FC
- St. Louis CITY SC Defender Kyle Hiebert Signs New Contract - St. Louis City SC
- Sonic Temple Art & Music Festival Returns Bigger Than Ever in 2024 Adding 4th Stage and 40 More Bands - Columbus Crew SC
- Magellan Corporation Named Official Partner of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Dallas Signs Romanian International Enes Sali - FC Dallas
- Atlanta United Exercises Transfer Option on Xande Silva - Atlanta United FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce 2024 Roster Decisions - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Miles Robinson Shines on Both Sides of the Ball as FC Cincinnati Earn Confidence-Building Victory
- FC Cincinnati Extinguish Chicago Fire 2-1 to Earn First League Play Victory of 2024
- FC Cincinnati Travel to Chicago for First Road Match of MLS Season
- By the Number: FC Cincinnati at Chicago Fire FC
- Academy Roundup: Young Garys Earn Positive Results on Weekend Road Trip