Ex-Jack' Kenny Hausinger Commits to Umass-Lowell
Odessa, Texas - The Odessa Jackalopes, proud members of the North American Hockey League (NAHL), are excited to announce that former Jack Kenny Hausinger, 20, has committed to play NCAA Division I hockey at Umass-Lowell (Hockey East, D1). Umass-Lowell is the alma mater of ex-Jack and current Winnipeg Jet' goaltender Connor Hellebuyck.
As a 19-year-old last year, Hausinger (5-8, 185) led Odessa in goals (25), assists (43) and points (68). The Anchorage, Alaska native, was originally committed to Sacred Heart University (Atlantic, D1) with his younger brother Christian but both players decommitted in late November of 2015.
In his first year in the USHL, Hausinger is 12th in the league in scoring with 15 goals, and 27 assists in 46 games played. The center-man is second on Des Moines in goals, first in assists and first in power play goals (14).
The University of Massachusetts-Lowell is ranked 11th in the country with a 21-8-5 overall record and a 12-6-4 record in the highly competitive Hockey East Conference (Boston College, Boston University, UCONN, Maine, Umass, Merrimack, New Hampshire, Northeastern, Notre Dame, Providence, Vermont).
The Jacks return home this Friday and Saturday as they take on the Corpus Christi IceRays. On Friday, March 4, the first 500 will receive a Jacks puzzle presented by Southwestern Machine Products and My Country 96.1 FM. Saturday, March 5th is the Jacks Ninja Turtle night and lunch box giveaway night to the first 500 presented by ORMC and Hughes Oilfield and Transportation.
In 2015-16, the Odessa Jackalopes will embark upon their fifth season in the North American Hockey League and 19th in the Permian Basin. Season tickets are on sale now! To reserve your seats, contact the Jackalopes' ticket office today at 432-552-7825 or log on to www.jackalopes.org for more information.
Images from this story
Kenny Hausinger with the Odessa Jackalopes
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2016
- Amarillo Bulls Beaten by Wichita Falls 2-0 - Amarillo Bulls
- Kapelmaster Leads Wildcats to Tenth Straight Home Victory - Wichita Falls Wildcats
- Erich Fear Makes D-I Commitment - Springfield Jr. Blues
- Ex-Jack' Kenny Hausinger Commits to Umass-Lowell - Odessa Jackalopes
- Amarillo Bulls Game Day Preview - Amarillo Bulls
- Magicians Weekly - Minnesota Magicians
- Dates Announced for IceRays 2016 Pre-Draft Camp - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Brahmas Tender Oakland Teammates - Lone Star Brahmas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.