Everett DL John Fields signed by AFL's Soul
Last week, DL John Fields (6-4, 265 Central Washington) became the first-ever former Hawks player to move up to the AFL when he signed a contract with the Philadelphia Soul.
Fields ended the season as the Hawks' leader in tackles for loss (7.5 for 40 yards lost), second on the team in sacks (5.0 for 34 yards lost), and sixth on the team in tackles (25.5 - 21 solo, 9 assisted). Most impressive of all is the fact that Fields accomplished all this in only 11 games.
He joins a Soul squad that finished the 2006 season with a record of 9-7. The Soul earned a Wild Card berth, and in the playoffs they defeated the heavily-favored Austin Wranglers 52-35. In the second round they fell to the eventual Conference Champion Orlando Predators, 31-27. Fields joins an already stout defense that finished the year with the 4th-best opposing QB rating (99.6).
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from October 18, 2006
- What's Going On With The Wolves - Manchester Wolves
- Everett DL John Fields signed by AFL's Soul - Everett Hawks
- af2 expands by five teams for 2007 - af2
- Steeldogs Set First Tryout Date - Alabama Steeldogs
- Former Quad City Steamwheelers QB Tim Hicks Signs with the Los Angeles Avengers - Quad City Steamwheelers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.