Estes Earns First Professional Win with Gem
North Augusta, SC - Cade Bunnell led the GreenJackets offense going 4-for-5 and Joey Estes followed up his Low-A East Pitcher of the Week award with another gem. He went seven innings of shutout baseball for his first professional win. He'd strikeout seven on the night and lead Augusta to a 6-1 victory.
Estarlin Rodriguez went the final two innings and allowed only one run.
Estes surrendered just two hits. He gave up a leadoff triple in the seventh but came back to strikeout the side to end his night.
In the first inning, the Jackets loaded the bases with nobody out. Myrtle Beach starter Jose Miguel Gonzalez allowed the first run of the night by walking Landon Stephens with the bases loaded. He'd allow only one though in the frame, and it was 1-0.
The offense kept clicking in the second though. Braulio Vasquez homered to leadoff the inning. It was his fourth of the year. Then it was an RBI single from Cade Bunnell. The lead was 3-0 after two.
In the fourth inning, Bunnell brought home Vasquez, and collected his third hit of the night. Bunnell finished the game 4-for-5 with two RBIs. He also scored twice.
In the sixth, the offense tacked on a run without collecting a hit. Three walks and a Myrtle Beach error extended the lead to 5-0. Willie Carter singled to bring home Bunnell in the eighth inning. The Jackets led comfortably, 6-0.
After Estes left, Rodriguez took over for the final two innings to bring Augusta home. He allowed a run with two outs in the ninth to break up the shutout. The Jackets are now 7-3 on the homestand and are 20-14 at home this year.
Braulio Vasquez stole his 29th and 30th bases of the season.
Joey Estes went a career high seven innings. He has gone six or more innings three times this season.
Cade Bunnell had his first four-hit game of his professional career.
HOMESTAND: Tuesday, July 6th-11th vs Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Chicago Cubs)
Saturday, July 10th, 2021 vs Myrtle Beach Pelicans - 6:05 p.m.
Gates Open at 4:30 p.m.
The White Claw Concert Series continues with a Pre-game concert featuring Brandon Bower!
Family Game Night! Gather the family and head out to the ballpark for your favorite games!
First 1,000 fans in attendance will receive a Joe Torre baseball card!
Guests can enjoy $2 off White Claw until first pitch
It's our SIXTH MEGA BOOMing fireworks show of the 2021 season! You don't want to miss a Saturday baseball game finished off with fireworks!
Another Saturday, another Anthony and London Thaun State Farm Family Saturday! Come on out and cheer on the Jackets!
Media Partner: KICKS99
Sunday, July 11th, 2021 vs Myrtle Beach Pelicans - 5:05 p.m.
- Pirates and Princesses Night at SRP Park is sure to be a hit! Don't miss some of your favorite Princesses joining us from Wardrobe of Wishes from 4pm-5:30pm
- Rainbow Factory Face Painting will be out for the game!
- Newly crowned Miss Georgia, Karson Pennington, will be making an appearance at SRP Park!
o Jr. Jackets VIP Meet & Greet with Karson: 4:30-4:50pm
o General Public Meet & Greet: 5:15-6pm
- Bark in the Park presented by Hollywood Feed
o Bring out your four-legged GreenJackets fan for a night at the ballpark presented by Hollywood Feed. Please Note: Dogs are welcome in the lower seating bowl (excluding section 100). Dogs cannot go up to the WOW! Club, Suites and MurphyAdvantage.com Lounge. Dogs are free to the game. Dogs and owners must check in the Dog Waiver Table by the Main Gate Entrance. Relief areas for dogs are the Berm and behind the centerfield near the Batting Cages
Every Sunday features the Maurice's Piggie Park BBQ Sunday Savings Meal Deal for fans 12 and under to enjoy savings and a delicious menu option.
Kids Run the Bases partnered with Shout 94.7FM
Jr. Jackets Game presented by Best Office Solutions, Family Y of Greater Augusta, Pediatric Partners and Tum-E Yummies. Kids 12 and under get in this game for FREE by joining our FREE Club to select games throughout the season and receive great giveaways and benefits. Not a member sign up today: https://www.milb.com/augusta/community/jr-jackets-activities
Media Partner: 94.7FM
To learn more or purchase tickets to this homestand or any 2021 GreenJackets home game visit: https://www.milb.com/augusta/tickets/promotions
The MLB Mandated clear bag policy is in effect for the 2021 season. For a complete rundown of SRP Park Gameday need to knows visit: https://www.milb.com/augusta/ballpark/srp-park-rules.
To stay up to date on all things GreenJackets follow us on social media: Facebook, Instagram and Twitterand sign up for the 'Jackets Buzz e-newsletter today by visiting https://bit.ly/AGJBuzz.
• Discuss this story on the Low-A East League message board...
Low-A East League Stories from July 9, 2021
- Wood Ducks Split Doubleheader Thanks to Late Rally - Down East Wood Ducks
- RiverDogs Outlast Columbia to Win 13-Inning Affair - Charleston RiverDogs
- Early Fireflies Records History by End of 13-Inning Loss - Columbia Fireflies
- 'Birds Swept by Red Sox Sox in Twin Bill - Delmarva Shorebirds
- FredNats Complete Suspended Game in 14-2 Loss - Fredericksburg Nationals
- Pelicans Surrender 10 Hits, Lose Game Four to GreenJackets - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Estes Earns First Professional Win with Gem - Augusta GreenJackets
- FredNats' Second Friday Game Postponed Due to Time Constraints - Fredericksburg Nationals
- Mason Doolittle Voluntarily Retires - Fredericksburg Nationals
- Columbia Fireflies Game Notes vs Charleston - Columbia Fireflies
- Down East Wood Ducks Game Notes - 07/09 at Fayetteville - Down East Wood Ducks
- Pelicans Fall in Fourth Game to Augusta 6-5 - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Bullpen Brilliant, Jackets Hang on 6-5 - Augusta GreenJackets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Augusta GreenJackets Stories
- GreenJackets Announce 2022 Game Schedule
- Back-To-Back Pitcher of the Week Award for Andrew Hoffmann
- Hoffmann Brings Home Low-A East Pitcher of the Week for September 7-12
- Winning Streak Snapped, Jackets Fall 7-6 in Home Finale
- Malloy Homers Twice, Jackets Win Seventh Straight