Eskimos Sign O-Line Trio
(Edmonton) Today the Edmonton Eskimos announced the re-signing of offensive linemen Patrick Kabongo, Rhett McLane and Tim Bakker.
A product of the Nebraska Cornhuskers, Kabongo is entering his third year with the Eskimos. He saw action in 12 games last season. McLane, who appeared in three games last season, played junior football with the Saskatoon Hilltops before spending three years at the University of Saskatchewan. He is also entering his third year with the Esks. Bakker was traded back to Edmonton from Hamilton on Dec. 2, 2005. He was originally selected by Edmonton with their 1st selection (3rd overall) in the 2000 CFL Canadian College Draft and played in Edmonton for three seasons.
Offensive Line Coach Bill MacDermott says, "Patrick and Rhett are promising young players and Tim's experience will help contribute to the success of this year's team."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from April 4, 2006
- CFL Off-Season Transactions - CFL
- Quincy Carter joins Alouettes - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Sign O-Line Trio - Edmonton Eskimos
- Toronto Argonauts Keith Pelley named Business Person of the Year - Toronto Argonauts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.