Eberle Named CCM / AHL Player of the Month
Oklahoma City - Oklahoma City Barons forward Jordan Eberle was named the CCM / American Hockey League Player of the Month for December, the league's front office announced today.
Eberle, a 5-11, 184-pounder from Regina, Saskatchewan notched 20 points (11-9-20) in 11 games, including two hat tricks and six multiple point games. This marks the second time Eberle has won the CCM / AHL Player of the Month Award. He currently leads the American Hockey League in goals (24) and points (49) and is second in assists (25).
This marks the third straight month a member of the Barons has won CCM / AHL Player of the Month honors. Defenseman Justin Schultz won the same award for the month of October. Eberle earned the same award in November while Schultz earned Rookie of the Month honors in November.
The Barons return to action this weekend with three games on the road. Friday, they visit the Grand Rapids Griffins at 6 p.m. Saturday, they travel to Milwaukee for a game at 7 p.m. The weekend concludes Sunday in Chicago at 4 p.m. All three games can be heard on the Barons flagship station, 96.1 KXY.
A variety of ticket packages are available to meet every individual or group need. Packages ranging from 7-game and 11-game packs to Full Season Seats are available. Call the Barons' front office at 405-232-4625 for information on group outings, Season Seats and other ticket packages.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 2, 2013
- Marlies Blank Bulldogs 6-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Marlies Drop Bulldogs in Front of Sellout Crowd - Toronto Marlies
- Bruins Fall to Pirates 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- Eberle Named CCM / AHL Player of the Month - Oklahoma City Barons
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Comcast Sportsnet Houston To Broadcast Delayed Package Of Houston Aeros Games - Houston Aeros
- Pair of P-Bruins Reassigned to South Carolina - Providence Bruins
- Norfolk Admirals Weekly - Admirals Set for Showdown - Norfolk Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - Manchester Monarchs
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Nestrasil Reassigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shane Harper to Join Trenton - Adirondack Phantoms
- Texas Stars Left Wing Reilly Smith Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Texas Stars
- Jordan Eberle, Reilly Smith, Braden Holtby Named American Hockey League Award Winners - AHL
- Braden Holtby Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Hershey Bears
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- B-Sens Announce Roster Moves - Binghamton Senators
- Phantoms Weekly - Welcome to 2013 - Adirondack Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss