Doug Davis Promoted To Milwaukee
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Milwaukee Brewers have purchased the contract of Indianapolis Indians lefthanded pitcher Doug Davis the ballclubs announced today. Davis will join the Brewers in Philadelphia Tuesday and will start at Pittsburgh on Saturday.
Davis, 27, made five starts for the Indians since joining the team on July 17 going 1-2 with a 4.15 ERA. His last start came on Saturday against Charlotte when he held the Knights to two runs over seven innings.
Indianapolis was Davis' fifth team in 2003. He started the season with Triple-A Oklahoma where he went 3-0 with a 3.25 ERA in four starts before earning a promotion to Texas where he made one start (0-0, 12.00). Davis was claimed off waivers by Toronto and spent two months with the Blue Jays going 4-6 with a 5.00 ERA in 12 games, including 11 starts. He became a free agent in mid-July and signed with Milwaukee making one start for Double-A Huntsville before joining the Indians.
Davis has pitched in the major leagues for Texas in each of the last four seasons.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 11, 2003
- SkyChiefs play spoiler over Lynx - OSC Original by Ed Gonser
- Doug Davis Promoted To Milwaukee - Indianapolis Indians
- Few Ripken Tickets Remain - Rochester Red Wings
- Gem, Streak Capture IL Honors - IL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Colts at Bat Returns to Victory Field on Friday, June 1
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (9-7) vs. Syracuse Chiefs (10-7)
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (8-7) vs. Syracuse Chiefs (10-6)
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (7-7) vs. Syracuse Chiefs (10-5)
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (7-6) vs. Charlotte Knights (6-9)