Dotson's Smash Leads to Victory Over Wingnuts
Grand Prairie- You couldn't have asked for a better opener to a three-game series with the Wichita Wingnuts if you are an AirHogs fan, who won a close one 3-2 Friday night at QuikTrip Park. Finding themselves down early, the AirHogs needed to dig themselves out of a two-run hole. Most of the offensive production came on the shoulders of Bubba Dotson. Dotson scored the first run in the fifth inning when he walked and stole second. Ryan Pineda came around to bat him in with a single to the left fielder. Now trailing only one run the AirHogs took and kept the lead in the sixth. Palmer Karr Jr. singled and Dotson drove him in on a deep shot over the right field wall for two runs. Dotson was 1-for-2 scoring twice and picking up two RBIs overall. Brandon Pinckney was 2-for-4 in the game.
Josh Strawn was the starting pitcher for the AirHogs leaving without a decision in the game. Strawn gave up two runs in the first inning but settled down to pitch four more scoreless innings. He allowed six hits and struck out two Wingnuts. Making his first appearance for the AirHogs and picking up his first win was Boomer Potts, who went 1.1 innings striking out two with no hits allowed. Derrick Miramontes, David Quinowski, and Justin Dowdy each came into the game allowing no runs and no hits. Patrick Mincey picked up his 15th save of the year in the ninth inning allowing two hits but no runs.
The rest of this three-game series is set to be an explosive one between the Grand Prairie AirHogs and the Wichita Wingnuts. Game 2 is set for Saturday evening at 7:05 P.M. at QuikTrip Park.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 26, 2013
- Sox Pitching Downs Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
- Explorers Win Second Straight - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks fall 3-1 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Canaries rout Lincoln - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Lose Ground in the Wild Card with 4-3 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Canaries Jump to Big Lead Early, Cruise for Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Dotson's Smash Leads to Victory Over Wingnuts - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- So Close, But Fish Fall Short - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wingnuts Fall Short in Grand Prairie - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos Squelch T-Bones in Series Opener - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saints Lose Ground In the Wild Card With 4-3 Loss To Railcats - St. Paul Saints
- AirHogs sweep Diablos in three game series - El Paso Diablos
- Huge Night in Store Tonight at Uni-Trade Stadium - Laredo Lemurs
- Zac Mitchell Play Featured on Sportscenter Top 10 Plays and MLB Network - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Fans Help Raise Over $2,500 to Fight Hunger - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 26th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Sox Sneak by Lemurs - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs