Dolezel Signs First Player for 2010 Season
San Angelo, TX: Coach Clint Dolezel has signed the first player to join the Stampede Express for the 2010 season. Coach Dolezel has signed former Dallas Desperados teammate Chris Brown. "Chris will be an added plus on defense as well as on offense" stated Head Coach Clint Dolezel.
Chris Brown (6'2", 200 lbs.) Grambling-
Wide Receiver/Linebacker Chris Brown comes to the San Angelo Stampede Express after playing 3 seasons with the Dallas Desperados (2006-2008). While at Dallas, Brown was the fourth leading tackler on the team. He had a career high 58 tackles in the 2007 season. Brown had a season high nine tackles at Columbus along with a forced fumble, one pass defended and an interception. Brown also tied for a game high five tackles against Colorado while also making one pass defended, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery. Brown began his AFL career at the Philadelphia Soul in 2005. In his AFL debut game against Colorado, he caught a 6 yard touchdown pass and recorded 1.5 tackles.
Brown played four years at defensive back for Grambling and was nominated for the Buck Buchanan Award, given to the best Division 1-AA defensive player, as a senior. He led the Southwest Athletic Conference in interceptions as a junior with eight. He also earned first-team All-American Honors.
Brown is from Zachary, LA and attended Northeast High School where he was a four sport athlete. He earned all-state, all-district, all-Louisiana and all-metro honors in football and basketball. He also played for the school's baseball team and ran track.
The Stampede Express will begin their 7th season. Tickets are on sale now by calling the Stampede Express office at 947-DOWN or come by the Stampede Express office at 2210 Austin. Stampede Express Football, It's not just a game....It's an experience!
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 4, 2009
- Bandits Name Head Coach & Assistant Coaches For the 2010 Season - Sioux City Bandits
- Roughnecks Acquire Former Texas A&M - Commerce Quarterback Terry Mayo - West Texas Roughnecks
- Dolezel Signs First Player for 2010 Season - San Angelo Stampede Express
- Indoor Football League Franchise Changing Name and Address - West Michigan Thunderhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Angelo Stampede Express Stories
- Local Farmer Joins Team
- Stampede Express Hosting First Round of the Playoffs
- Stampede Express Receive Proclamation
- Indoor Football League Week 10 Vidswap.Com Players Of The Week
- Veteran Quarterback Takes the Snaps