Dodge CHL All-Star Game Starting Lineups Announced
December 22, 2004 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
The Central Hockey League has today announced the starting line-ups for the 2005 Dodge CHL All-Star Game, scheduled for Wednesday, January 12th in Laredo, Texas. The starting line-ups were selected through balloting which concluded yesterday among CHL coaches, public relations/broadcasting staff and selected media members in each CHL market. The top vote getters in each conference were Fort Worth left winger Chad Woollard, who was selected on 68 percent of all ballots and will be making his third CHL All-Star appearance, and Corpus Christi defenseman Bernie John, selected for his fifth All-Star Game and named by 70 percent of voters. Woollard leads the CHL in both points (40) and goals (22), while John has 23 points in 20 games while anchoring the Corpus Christi blueline.
Right wingers Greg Pankewicz from Colorado and Don Parsons from Memphis join Woollard as the starting forwards for the Northern Conference, both repeating as members of the starting lineup. Pankewicz has 12 goals and 17 assists in just 19 games, while Parsons, a 2-time CHL Most Valuable Player, is tied for third in CHL scoring (34 points) and trails only Woollard with 20 goals. Parsons is also the CHLs all-time All-Star points leader, with six goals and six assists in his four previous appearances.
The starting defensemen for the Northern Conference are Paul Esdale from Wichita and Derek Landmesser from Memphis. Esdale leads all CHL rearguards with 10 goals this season, while Landmessers 24 points paces all CHL defensemen. Colorado rookie Tyler Weiman, a fifth round NHL Draft selection of the Colorado Avalanche in 2002, gets the start in goal for the Northern Conference and leads all CHL netminders with four shutouts, a 1.72 goals against average, and a .938 save percentage.
In the Southern Conference, goaltender Scott Reid from San Angelo earns the start and goes to his second consecutive CHL All-Star Game. Reid leads the CHL in both minutes played (1365:12) and wins (14), and was named the CHLs Most Outstanding Goaltender last season. Lubbock rearguard Derick Martin has enjoyed an superb rookie season (three goals, 11 assists for the first place Cotton Kings) and teams with Corpus Christis John as the starting tandem on defense.
Starting at forward for the Southern Conference are Amarillos Derek Hahn, Corpus Christis Jason Baird and Laredos Brent Cullaton. Hahn, named the 2002/2003 CHL Rookie of the Year, leads the Gorillas in goals (12), assists (17) and points (29). Baird has 15 goals and 15 assists for Corpus Christi, and has an opportunity to repeat as All-Star Game MVP after scoring three goals and adding an assist during the 2004 contest in Albuquerque. Laredos Cullaton also appears in his second All-Star Game, and paces the defending Ray Miron Presidents Cup Champion and All-Star host Bucks with 21 assists and 30 points.
The remaining members of each conference All-Star roster will be announced on Wednesday, December 29th, as selected by All-Star Coaches Chris Stewart (Colorado, Northern Conference) and Chris Dashney (Lubbock, Southern Conference) in conjunction with the CHLs hockey operations department. Each team will have a minimum of one representative appear on the All-Star rosters.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 22, 2004
- Rayz Hold Off Bees 4-3 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Rayz sting Bees, 4-3 - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Parsons and Landmesser named Northern Conference All-Star starters - Mississippi RiverKings
- 2005 Dodge CHL All-Star Game Will Be Televised On Fox Sports Net Southwest - Laredo Bucks
- Bucks Brent Cullaton Selected As Starter For 2005 Dodge CHL All-Star Game - Laredo Bucks
- Pankewicz, Weiman to start in CHL All-Star Game - Colorado Eagles
- Esdale named CHL All-Star - Wichita Thunder
- RiverKings and area residents help bring Christmas to needy children - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gorillas edge Colorado in thriller, prepare for Lubbock - Amarillo Gorillas
- Derek Hahn named starter for CHL All-star game in Laredo - Amarillo Gorillas
- Reid Named All-Star Starter - San Angelo Saints
- Dodge CHL All-Star Game Starting Lineups Announced - CHL
- Tarantulas Teddy Bear Toss and gift exchange Christmas night - Topeka Tarantulas
- Corpus Christi @ Rio Grande Valley Game Night Preview - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Brahmas double up Ice Bats, 4-2 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- RiverKings news and notes - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.