Dietz Sets af2 Record
Louisville Fire quarterback Brett Dietz has caught fire lately and Saturday night at Albany Dietz established a new arenafootball2 league record with 12 touchdown passes. Dietz's 12 touchdown passes breaks a six year old mark set by Jon Nielsen of Arkansas on June 3, 2000.
Dietz was originally credited with 11 touchdowns, but after the league reviewed the tape a rushing touchdown by Lance Taylor in the first quarter was found to have been a shovel pass. Dietz also completed 23-31 passes for 314 yards and zero interceptions in Albany. Dietz now leads the af2 in passing touchdowns with 71 and has topped the 3,000 yard mark in passing becoming the second player in af2 to accomplish that mark this season.
"Brett is starting to come into his own. It took some time for him to learn the system, but now he is having fun and the game slowing down," said head coach Tommy Johnson.
Dietz and the rest of the Fire will head back to the northeast this Friday against the Manchester Wolves at 7:30 P.M. The game can be heard on 1080-AM or louisvillefirefootball.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 19, 2006
- $10,000 In Cash Goes To School Of Principal Who Hits Field Goal - Manchester Wolves
- Green Bay Blizzard game notes - Green Bay Blizzard
- Quad City Steamwheelers Huddle - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Season Ticket Contest Winner Announced - Green Bay Blizzard
- Smoke Signals - Louisville Fire
- Yard Dawgz get by Blitz, 64-63 - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Dietz Sets af2 Record - Louisville Fire
- Firecats Bringing Their High Spirits to Grace Church - Florida Firecats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.