Dietz Named Schutt Offensive Player of the Week
Louisville Fire rookie quarterback Brett Dietz has improved with every game he has played this season, and last weekend's 10 touchdown performance (eight passing, two rushing) against then number one Spokane Shock was rewarded by the arenafootball2 league. Dietz has been named the Schutt Offensive Player of the Week for the first time in his career.
Dietz, a Hanover College and Covington Catholic High school product, completed 24 of 35 passes for 259 yards and eight touchdowns. Dietz also rushed for two touchdowns in the Fire's 79-69 victory over Spokane. Dietz currently leads af2 in pass completion percentage at 71.3 and second in passer rating (126.9).
This is the third league award for the Fire this season, Lance Taylor was named US Army Ironman of the Week for week 6 and Rob Mager was Schutt Offensive Player of the Week for week 8.
The Fire will travel to Albany this weekend to take on the Conquest at 7:00 on Saturday night. The game can be heard on 1080-AM or louisvillefirefootball.com.
The Fire will return home on July 8th for an ArenaCup rematch with the Memphis Xplorers at 7:00 P.M. in Freedom Hall. Tickets can be purchased at louisvillefirefootball.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 14, 2006
- Giveaways galore at this week's Xplorers game - Memphis Xplorers
- Lightning Searching For Blood Donors and Coin Toss - Stockton Lightning
- Yard Dawgz pitted against another of league's best - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Former Blizzard Player Wins AFL Championship - Green Bay Blizzard
- Arena Football: A good fit for Tacoma, Dome? - OSC Original by Bruce Baskin
- Memphis reclaims top spot in coaches poll - af2
- Dietz Named Schutt Offensive Player of the Week - Louisville Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.