Devils To Host Third Annual CVS Celebrity All-Star Game
LOWELL, Mass. - The Lowell Devils will host the CVS Celebrity All-Star Game for the third consecutive year at Tsongas Center on Sunday, February 28 at 2:30 p.m.
CVS/pharmacy colleagues from the New England area are paired with Boston Bruins legends in this format to benefit local charities.
Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic will be a special guest coach as former NHL players such as Bob Beers, Andy Brickley, John Bucyk, Ken Hodge, Ken Hodge Jr., Don Marcotte, John "Pie" McKenzie, Rick Middleton, Bobby Miller, Bob Sweeney, Don Sweeney and Tim Sweeney take the ice. Proceeds from the event will go to benefit
YMCA Strong Kids Campaign of Quincy and the South Shore YMCA, the YMCA of Lowell and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
In the tournament's decade-long history, more than $400,000 has been granted to local nonprofits from proceeds generated by the CVS Celebrity All-Star Game.
A ticket to the Lowell Devils game versus the Hartford Wolf Pack that afternoon at 5:00 p.m. will allow fans admission to the CVS Celebrity All-Star Game.
The first 1,000 adult fans in attendance at the CVS Celebrity All-Star Game will receive a special gift bag containing $100 worth of merchandise.
Doors will open at 2:00 p.m.
Lucic and the rest of CVS Celebrity All-Stars will be signing autographs during the Devils' game for a charitable donation of $10.
All proceeds from the autograph session will go to benefit the YMCA of Lowell.
As an additional bonus that day, the first 2,000 fans in attendance will receive a player bobblehead, courtesy of RTN and everyone is welcome to attend a free post-game skate on the Tsongas Center ice.
The Lowell Devils next skate at home on Friday, Feb. 19 as they face the Manchester Monarchs on 7:00PM.
Go online to AHLlive.com to listen or watch all of the live Devils action.
For tickets to Lowell Devils home games, call (978) 458-PUCK or go to www.lowelldevilshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2010
- Monarchs Release Kroll - Manchester Monarchs
- Marlies Re-Assign Stefano Giliati To Reading - Toronto Marlies
- Montreal's The Team 990 to Simulcast Sunday's Bulldogs Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- 107.5 The Bear To Carry Saturday's Mirabito Outdoor Classic - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks To Induct Three, Unveil Hall Of Fame Display Sunday - Rochester Americans
- Hobson Recalled, Hogs Host San Antonio This Weekend - Rockford IceHogs
- LEC, Bucks Host "Skating For Haiti" Fundraiser Friday - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Players To Serve Customers At The 5 & Diner Of Worcester On Monday - Worcester Sharks
- Moose Take Blades To Backyard Rink - Manitoba Moose
- Devils To Host Third Annual CVS Celebrity All-Star Game - Albany Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.