Del Mastro Recognized for Academic Excellence
MISSISSAUGA, ON - Yesterday afternoon, the Ontario Hockey League recognized a group of players who have enjoyed academic success during the 2019-20 regular season. Among the 20-player OHL Scholastic Team is Steelheads' rookie rearguard, Ethan Del Mastro.
On the ice, the 16-year-old defenceman was a stand-out during first OHL campaign with the blue and white. He tallied 7 assists in 57 games while being matched up against the opposing team's top offensive threats more often than not.
Equally impressive was the former first round pick's success in the classroom. Ethan is on pace to finish the school year with an 87.4% average while taking university level courses at Philip Pocock Catholic Secondary School. Across two semesters, Ethan's course-load included Finance, Biology, Data Management, Advanced Functions, English, Physics, and a Co-op placement.
The Steelheads would like to acknowledge Ethan for his outstanding academic effort this season and congratulate him on being named to the 2019-20 OHL Scholastic Team.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from May 14, 2020
- Del Mastro Recognized for Academic Excellence - Mississauga Steelheads
- Shane Wright Named OHL Rookie of the Year - Kingston Frontenacs
- Frontenacs' Shane Wright Named OHL Rookie of the Year Presented by Wawanesa Insurance - OHL
- Otters and Coaching Staff Agree to Two-Year Contract Extensions - Erie Otters
- Nick Robertson Named OHL's Most Sportsmanlike Player of the Year Presented by Ashley HomeStore - Peterborough Petes
- Petes' Nick Robertson Named OHL's Most Sportsmanlike Player Presented by Ashley HomeStore - OHL
- Attack Sign 2020 1st Round Pick Cedrick Guindon - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.