Danger Hoping Third Time's the Charm with Green Bay
GRAND ISLAND - Third time's the charm - or at least the Nebraska Danger hopes so.
Yet again, the Green Bay Blizzard has gotten the best of the Danger in a 60-50 loss just a week ago, but the Danger are looking to return the favor in a quick turnaround game against the Blizzard this weekend.
Tommy Armstrong Jr. continued at his blistering pace this season in the most recent loss, throwing for 4 TD's while running in for another two. Greg Dent shined in the game for the Danger as well, pulling in three of the four receiving TD's in the loss.
Green Bay however got plenty of production out of their quarterback as well. Lenorris Footman didn't do much through the air, but he scorched the Danger on the ground. Footman rushed for 118 yards and 4 TD's in the Blizzard win. It also highlights what Nebraska needs to do this Saturday if they look to salvage a win in the three-game season series with Green Bay.
While a 3-4 season is certainly nothing to write home about for the Danger so far this season, history could be in the making with former Husker turned Danger QB Tommy Armstrong. He currently has 14 rushing TD's on the year through seven regular season games with seven more to go. If he maintains that pace, he could break his offensive coordinator's record. Jameel Sewell scampered for 25 rushing TD's in 2013. Armstrong is on pace for 28 by season's end.
The Danger can use all the running help they can get as they look to run the Blizzard out of Grand Island with a loss on Saturday.
Kickoff Saturday night is set for 7 p.m. in the Heartland Events Center in Grand Island on Family Night. Tickets are available at area Pump & Pantrys, Ticketmaster, or the Heartland Events Center Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Storm Prepare For United Bowl Rematch - Sioux Falls Storm
- 2019 Arizona Rattlers Week 9 Game Preview - Arizona Rattlers
- Danger Hoping Third Time's the Charm with Green Bay - Nebraska Danger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nebraska Danger Stories
- Danger Prepare to Bounce Back against Steamwheelers
- Sapp-Lynch Rumbles for 2 TD's, Earns Danger Player of the Week
- Diego Marquez Kicks His Way to a Nebraska Danger Player of the Week Honor
- Mark Stoute Returns to Face Former Team Friday Night
- Danger Hoping Third Time's the Charm with Green Bay