Copperhead Receives TCL Honor for Week 10
The Copperheads are proud to announce that Tyler Migl received the Texas Collegiate League Player of the Week award for week 10 of the 2011 season.
The awards were announced on Monday afternoon stating the following about Tyler. "Migl led the Copperheads to a perfect 6-0 week by batting .455 and slugging a whopping .773. He posted 10 hits in 22 at-bats, five of them for extra bases (three doubles, two triples). The St. Mary's junior accounted for 17 runs in six games, driving in eight runs in and scoring nine more. Migl now leads the Copperheads in both RBI (34) and runs scored (35)."
Migl shared the Player of the Week honor with Victoria Generals' player Chad Kruse.
The Copperheads finish the regular season off today and tomorrow as they take on the Acadiana Cane Cutters in Lafayette.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from August 10, 2011
- 5th Consecutive Playoff Appearance Just One Win Away as Bombers Win Big - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Generals Lose 7-3 to Bombers, Thursday's Winner to Playoffs - Victoria Generals
- Cutters to Host Playoff Game Friday - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Copperhead Receives TCL Honor for Week 10 - Coppell Copperheads
- Pump Jacks Sweep the Bombers as Regular Season Winds Down - East Texas PumpJacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.